UA-Wayne College Warriors win tournament
|Photo courtesy of The University of Akron — Wayne College|
The No. 5 seeded Warriors, coached by Patrick Rufener, had to defeat Ohio State University-Mansfield, Ohio University-Eastern, top-seed Miami University-Middletown and Ohio State University-Newark in succession over two weekends to capture the title, according to team officials.
The first two rounds were played in Newark, and the championship rounds took place in Orrville.
Wayne’s roster included: Jackie Adams (a graduate of East High School), Jacob Blevins (Highland High School), DeVaughn Boddie (Archbishop Hoban High School), Rick Brewer (Green High School), Kimyata Cooper (Kenmore High School), De’Shon Hudson (East High School), Gio Ingersoll (Firestone High School), Anthony Keys (Barberton High School) and Andrew Lowe (Kingsway Christian High School).
Adams, Boddie, Brewer, Hudson and Lowe were starters. Ingersoll and Keys were top reserves. Hudson was named ORC State Tournament Most Valuable Player. The Warriors completed their season 18-16.
More Sports News
- Cardboard Classic offers outdoor fun
- Seniors aiming to lead Firestone wrestling team
- Revere boys basketball building momentum for postseason
- CVNP receives funds for new trails
- West Side Scoreboard
- Green boys swim team undefeated in Suburban League
- Green girls swim team aiming for postseason success
- Summit Metro Parks’ Cardboard Classic offered outdoor fun
- South Side Scoreboard
Calendar of Events
- Artsmash - 1/30/2015
- Drop-In Exercise - 1/30/2015
- Animal Tales - 1/30/2015
- Voices in the Valley: David Mayfield Bluegrass Parade - 1/30/2015
- A New Beginning - 1/31/2015