UA-Wayne College Warriors win tournament
|Photo courtesy of The University of Akron — Wayne College|
The No. 5 seeded Warriors, coached by Patrick Rufener, had to defeat Ohio State University-Mansfield, Ohio University-Eastern, top-seed Miami University-Middletown and Ohio State University-Newark in succession over two weekends to capture the title, according to team officials.
The first two rounds were played in Newark, and the championship rounds took place in Orrville.
Wayne’s roster included: Jackie Adams (a graduate of East High School), Jacob Blevins (Highland High School), DeVaughn Boddie (Archbishop Hoban High School), Rick Brewer (Green High School), Kimyata Cooper (Kenmore High School), De’Shon Hudson (East High School), Gio Ingersoll (Firestone High School), Anthony Keys (Barberton High School) and Andrew Lowe (Kingsway Christian High School).
Adams, Boddie, Brewer, Hudson and Lowe were starters. Ingersoll and Keys were top reserves. Hudson was named ORC State Tournament Most Valuable Player. The Warriors completed their season 18-16.
More Sports News
- JCC pool opens with a splash
- Revere baseball looking to build on momentum from last season
- First-year coach looking to lead young Firestone baseball team to success
- PowerHouse gymnastics excel
- STVM CYO teams wins tourney
- Copley team declared champs
- Manchester softball team looking for deep postseason run
- Pitching primary strength for Springfield baseball team
Calendar of Events
- Movie Matinee - 3/30/2015
- Teen Program: String Art - 3/30/2015
- Spring Health and Wellness Series: Himalayan Singing Bowls - 3/30/2015
- University of Akron Symphony Orchestra with Ting-Wei Chang and Mario Buchanan - 3/31/2015
- Cheri Homaee - 3/31/2015