Green YMCA Barracudas seeing success this season
|Photo courtesy of Mike Griggs|
In 2012, the team sent the most qualifiers to the YMCA Zone Championships in the history of the team, then followed up in the summer with an undefeated dual meet season and a second-place finish in the Mid-Ohio Swim League Championships, according to team officials.
In the fall, the team went 5-2 in the NEO-Y Swim League dual meet season, setting new team records in 34 events, qualifying 21 swimmers to the YMCA Zone Meet and having its first qualifier in the YMCA National Championship Swim Meet.
The team hosted the NEO-Y Divisional Championship Feb. 3 and placed third out of nine teams. The team then went on to an eighth-place finish at the NEO-Y League Championships March 3.
The team’s Zone Meet qualifiers swam at Bowling Green State University March 17 and finished 28th, the highest finish ever for a Barracudas team, according to team officials. In addition, the swimmers set 11 new individual and nine new relay team records while swimming at Zones.
Kennedy Herbert, who is also a member of the Green High School swim team, qualified to compete at the YMCA National Championships in North Carolina in April.
More Sports News
- Area schools compete in annual wrestling tourney
- Coach impressed with improvement shown by Revere swim teams
- Undefeated Copley boys team wins division
- Elms basketball team out to best start in three years
- Copley girls soccer team ends perfect season
- Green boys bowling team aiming for more postseason success
- Coventry boys looking to defend hoops title
- Area schools compete in 30th annual wrestling tournament
Calendar of Events
- “Reasons to Be Happy” - 1/24/2017
- A New Adventure: group for widows and widowers - 1/25/2017
- Tuesday Musical: Imani Winds - 1/25/2017
- Full Circle Storytelling - 1/25/2017
- CrOoKeD - 1/25/2017