Green YMCA Barracudas seeing success this season
|Photo courtesy of Mike Griggs|
In 2012, the team sent the most qualifiers to the YMCA Zone Championships in the history of the team, then followed up in the summer with an undefeated dual meet season and a second-place finish in the Mid-Ohio Swim League Championships, according to team officials.
In the fall, the team went 5-2 in the NEO-Y Swim League dual meet season, setting new team records in 34 events, qualifying 21 swimmers to the YMCA Zone Meet and having its first qualifier in the YMCA National Championship Swim Meet.
The team hosted the NEO-Y Divisional Championship Feb. 3 and placed third out of nine teams. The team then went on to an eighth-place finish at the NEO-Y League Championships March 3.
The team’s Zone Meet qualifiers swam at Bowling Green State University March 17 and finished 28th, the highest finish ever for a Barracudas team, according to team officials. In addition, the swimmers set 11 new individual and nine new relay team records while swimming at Zones.
Kennedy Herbert, who is also a member of the Green High School swim team, qualified to compete at the YMCA National Championships in North Carolina in April.
More Sports News
- Inaugural Holly Run raises funds for cancer charity
- Copley wrestling team off to strong start
- West Side Scoreboard
- Woodridge girls basketball team competing for conference crown
- Green boys swim team looking to maintain improvement
- Manchester girls basketball team out to fast start
- Coventry athlete signs letter of intent
- South Side Scoreboard
Calendar of Events
- Crooked River Walk - 12/21/2014
- “A Christmas Carol” - 12/21/2014
- Winter White Out - 12/21/2014
- Puppet Show: Holiday Happenings - 12/21/2014
- Johnny and the Apple Stompers and Ed Caner - 12/21/2014