Green YMCA Barracudas seeing success this season
|Photo courtesy of Mike Griggs|
In 2012, the team sent the most qualifiers to the YMCA Zone Championships in the history of the team, then followed up in the summer with an undefeated dual meet season and a second-place finish in the Mid-Ohio Swim League Championships, according to team officials.
In the fall, the team went 5-2 in the NEO-Y Swim League dual meet season, setting new team records in 34 events, qualifying 21 swimmers to the YMCA Zone Meet and having its first qualifier in the YMCA National Championship Swim Meet.
The team hosted the NEO-Y Divisional Championship Feb. 3 and placed third out of nine teams. The team then went on to an eighth-place finish at the NEO-Y League Championships March 3.
The team’s Zone Meet qualifiers swam at Bowling Green State University March 17 and finished 28th, the highest finish ever for a Barracudas team, according to team officials. In addition, the swimmers set 11 new individual and nine new relay team records while swimming at Zones.
Kennedy Herbert, who is also a member of the Green High School swim team, qualified to compete at the YMCA National Championships in North Carolina in April.
More Sports News
- Annual Fall Hiking Spree kicking off with preview event Aug. 30
- Project REBUILD accepts donation from Huth Charitable Foundation
- Copley team wins tournament
- Experienced CVCA girls tennis team facing tough schedule
- Cuyahoga Falls Little League team earns third district title
- Manchester football team looking for young players to step up
Calendar of Events
- Evil Ways, The Jimi Hendrix Tribute Experience and Ball and Chain - 8/28/2015
- End of Summer Jam with Sir Charles and Wendell B. - 8/28/2015
- Thyme for Dinner: Campfire Cooking - 8/28/2015
- Downloading with the 3M Cloud Library, eLearning the Easy Way, Excel Basics, Games and Tricks for Android Tablets - 8/29/2015
- Akron Symphony Chorus - 8/29/2015