Green YMCA Barracudas seeing success this season
|Photo courtesy of Mike Griggs|
In 2012, the team sent the most qualifiers to the YMCA Zone Championships in the history of the team, then followed up in the summer with an undefeated dual meet season and a second-place finish in the Mid-Ohio Swim League Championships, according to team officials.
In the fall, the team went 5-2 in the NEO-Y Swim League dual meet season, setting new team records in 34 events, qualifying 21 swimmers to the YMCA Zone Meet and having its first qualifier in the YMCA National Championship Swim Meet.
The team hosted the NEO-Y Divisional Championship Feb. 3 and placed third out of nine teams. The team then went on to an eighth-place finish at the NEO-Y League Championships March 3.
The team’s Zone Meet qualifiers swam at Bowling Green State University March 17 and finished 28th, the highest finish ever for a Barracudas team, according to team officials. In addition, the swimmers set 11 new individual and nine new relay team records while swimming at Zones.
Kennedy Herbert, who is also a member of the Green High School swim team, qualified to compete at the YMCA National Championships in North Carolina in April.
More Sports News
- Summit Metro Parks’ Spree For All beginning May 1
- Medina gymnasts place at meet
- Trip to Ireland paying off for Highland rugby team
- Revere boys tennis coach pleased with team’s progress
- Revere sixth-grade girls travel basketball team wins league
- Green softball coach says ‘sky is limit’ for team
- Hitting key for Manchester softball team
Calendar of Events
- A New Adventure: group for widows and widowers - 4/29/2017
- In Search of Woodcocks - 4/29/2017
- World Tai Chi and Qi Gong Day - 4/29/2017
- Yoga - 4/29/2017
- Rubber City Beatlefest with Hard Days Night and Just Imagine: The Reunion Concert - 4/29/2017