Green YMCA Barracudas seeing success this season
|Photo courtesy of Mike Griggs|
In 2012, the team sent the most qualifiers to the YMCA Zone Championships in the history of the team, then followed up in the summer with an undefeated dual meet season and a second-place finish in the Mid-Ohio Swim League Championships, according to team officials.
In the fall, the team went 5-2 in the NEO-Y Swim League dual meet season, setting new team records in 34 events, qualifying 21 swimmers to the YMCA Zone Meet and having its first qualifier in the YMCA National Championship Swim Meet.
The team hosted the NEO-Y Divisional Championship Feb. 3 and placed third out of nine teams. The team then went on to an eighth-place finish at the NEO-Y League Championships March 3.
The team’s Zone Meet qualifiers swam at Bowling Green State University March 17 and finished 28th, the highest finish ever for a Barracudas team, according to team officials. In addition, the swimmers set 11 new individual and nine new relay team records while swimming at Zones.
Kennedy Herbert, who is also a member of the Green High School swim team, qualified to compete at the YMCA National Championships in North Carolina in April.
More Sports News
- Trapshooting youth win state, national awards
- STVM girls tennis team seeing strong start to season
- Highland girls tennis team working hard to improve
- Project RISE participants attend Akron Racers game
- North American All Stars win Dana Cup
- Huth Foundation golf benefit raises funds for Project REBUILD
- Dedication paying off for Green girls tennis team
- Green girls volleyball team aiming for winning season
- Coventry U12 Indians end season as champions
Calendar of Events
- GriefCare Place - 8/30/2016
- Wine and Genes Symposium - 8/30/2016
- Metro Parks Ensemble - 8/30/2016
- Rock-a-Bye Tales - 8/30/2016
- Genealogy 101: Beyond Ancestry.com - 8/31/2016