Green YMCA Barracudas seeing success this season
|Photo courtesy of Mike Griggs|
In 2012, the team sent the most qualifiers to the YMCA Zone Championships in the history of the team, then followed up in the summer with an undefeated dual meet season and a second-place finish in the Mid-Ohio Swim League Championships, according to team officials.
In the fall, the team went 5-2 in the NEO-Y Swim League dual meet season, setting new team records in 34 events, qualifying 21 swimmers to the YMCA Zone Meet and having its first qualifier in the YMCA National Championship Swim Meet.
The team hosted the NEO-Y Divisional Championship Feb. 3 and placed third out of nine teams. The team then went on to an eighth-place finish at the NEO-Y League Championships March 3.
The team’s Zone Meet qualifiers swam at Bowling Green State University March 17 and finished 28th, the highest finish ever for a Barracudas team, according to team officials. In addition, the swimmers set 11 new individual and nine new relay team records while swimming at Zones.
Kennedy Herbert, who is also a member of the Green High School swim team, qualified to compete at the YMCA National Championships in North Carolina in April.
More Sports News
- Hits give RubberDucks opening day victory
- Revere boys tennis team working toward league title this season
- West Side Cause for Celebration - Sports
- Upperclassmen leading Highland boys tennis team to success
- West Side Scoreboard
- Green boys track team looking for young athletes to step up
- Newcomers to Manchester boys tennis team working to improve
- South Side Scoreboard
Calendar of Events
- Spring Family Book Walk - 4/19/2015
- Nature Drawing for Kids: ages 6-12 - 4/19/2015
- Cuyahoga Valley House Concert with Ed Caner - 4/19/2015
- Classical Guitarist Stephen Aron - 4/19/2015
- BassoonaRoo - 4/19/2015