IHM hosts inaugural 5K
|Photos courtesy of Liz Tucci|
CUYAHOGA FALLS — Immaculate Heart of Mary (IHM) School hosted its inaugural IHM Mustang 5K and 1 Mile Fun Run/Walk, shown above, April 20.
Approximately 800 individuals registered to participate, according to event officials. The fundraising event, which met its $24,000 goal, will allow IHM School to invest in an upgrade of its computer lab, enabling its students to use technology to enhance their studies, according to event officials. Shown at far right are students with a sign showing the fundraising goal.
A couch-to-5K training program was coordinated to help those unfamiliar with the training process, according to event officials. The race was preceded by a moment of silence for the victims of the Boston Marathon bombings, a prayer by IHM pastor the Rev. James Singler and the singing of the national anthem by IHM alumnus Whitney Jones.
Darryl Piglia, a member of the IHM Athletic Board, which was a presenting sponsor, started the race, according to event officials.
Post-race festivities included a 50/50 raffle, Chinese raffle and bake sale.
The overall male winner was Robert McCarty with a time of 18 minutes, 10 seconds and the overall female winner was Maureen Foley with a time of 20:43.
A complete listing of results can be found at www.ihm5K.org.
More Sports News
- STVM wins first playoff game against North
- Copley wrestling coach says team ‘peaking right now’
- Revere wrestling team aiming for strong showing at sectionals
- Highland team captures league title
- Copley travel team victorious over Norton
- Revere team wins tournament
- West Side Scoreboard
- Green boys swim team aiming for strong showing at state
- Green girls swim team looking to finish season strong
- South Side Scoreboard
- Green wrestling team places second at meet
Calendar of Events
- A New Adventure - 2/28/2015
- Mums the Word - 2/28/2015
- Michael Winston - 2/28/2015
- Lauren Braman Memorial Chili Cook-Off - 2/28/2015
- “The Lonesome West” - 2/28/2015