Gone fishing in Green ….
|Photos: Lew Stamp|
GREEN — Nice weather attracted a large crowd to the shores of the pond at Boettler Park for the city of Green Parks and Recreation Division and Green Kiwanis’ annual Spring Trout Derby May 4. A crowd of children fishing at the pond, with a little help from adults, is shown at top.
Among those to drop a line was Kylie DeLuca, who is pictured at right top getting some instruction from her grandmother, Julie DeLuca.
Green Parks and Recreation’s new mascot, Parker the Fox, made his debut at the fishing derby. He is shown at right middle watching over the shoulder of Ty Carlson, 5, who was fishing with his grandfather, Don Carlson, of Green.
Pictured at right bottom, from left, is Green resident Liam Carmichel, 3, New Franklin resident Quinn Marketich, 8, and Griffith Carmichel, 6, searching through a tackle box for the perfect lure.
The annual event awards prizes in various categories.
— By Maria Lindsay
More Sports News
- Area residents take part in Girls on the Run 5K
- Thanks4Giving football game featuring local players
- Deck the Falls runs supporting Cuyahoga Falls Shop With a Cop program
- Walsh girls soccer team claims state championship
- St. Hilary School team receives sportsmanship award
- Revere U11 team wins tournament
- Turkey Trot 5K Run/Walk scheduled for Nov. 27
- Manchester alumnus inducted into M Club
- New run supporting Life Is Good No Matter What foundation
Calendar of Events
- The University of Akron Percussion Ensemble - 11/24/2014
- Stewart’s Caring Place: A Cancer Wellness Center Events - 11/25/2014
- Pre-Holiday Book Sale - 11/26/2014
- Nature Drawing for Adults - 11/26/2014
- Joseph Arthur - 11/26/2014