Gone fishing in Green ….
|Photos: Lew Stamp|
GREEN — Nice weather attracted a large crowd to the shores of the pond at Boettler Park for the city of Green Parks and Recreation Division and Green Kiwanis’ annual Spring Trout Derby May 4. A crowd of children fishing at the pond, with a little help from adults, is shown at top.
Among those to drop a line was Kylie DeLuca, who is pictured at right top getting some instruction from her grandmother, Julie DeLuca.
Green Parks and Recreation’s new mascot, Parker the Fox, made his debut at the fishing derby. He is shown at right middle watching over the shoulder of Ty Carlson, 5, who was fishing with his grandfather, Don Carlson, of Green.
Pictured at right bottom, from left, is Green resident Liam Carmichel, 3, New Franklin resident Quinn Marketich, 8, and Griffith Carmichel, 6, searching through a tackle box for the perfect lure.
The annual event awards prizes in various categories.
— By Maria Lindsay
More Sports News
- STVM’s LeBron James Arena opens its doors
- West Side Scoreboard
- Young Woodridge girls basketball team looking for speed
- Level 2 gymnasts take second
- PowerHouse level 7-8 gymnasts excel at meet
- Revere boys soccer team hosts clinic to benefit Toys for Tots
- Veteran upper weights setting tone for Revere wrestlers
- Seniors looking to lead Green wrestling team to success
- Manchester boys basketball team building chemistry
- South Side Scoreboard
Calendar of Events
- Breakfast With Santa - 12/21/2013
- Robeks Anniversary - 12/21/2013
- Mo Mojo - 12/21/2013
- Medina Holiday Pops Concert - 12/21/2013
- “Miracle on 34th Street” - 12/21/2013