Gone fishing in Green ….
|Photos: Lew Stamp|
GREEN — Nice weather attracted a large crowd to the shores of the pond at Boettler Park for the city of Green Parks and Recreation Division and Green Kiwanis’ annual Spring Trout Derby May 4. A crowd of children fishing at the pond, with a little help from adults, is shown at top.
Among those to drop a line was Kylie DeLuca, who is pictured at right top getting some instruction from her grandmother, Julie DeLuca.
Green Parks and Recreation’s new mascot, Parker the Fox, made his debut at the fishing derby. He is shown at right middle watching over the shoulder of Ty Carlson, 5, who was fishing with his grandfather, Don Carlson, of Green.
Pictured at right bottom, from left, is Green resident Liam Carmichel, 3, New Franklin resident Quinn Marketich, 8, and Griffith Carmichel, 6, searching through a tackle box for the perfect lure.
The annual event awards prizes in various categories.
— By Maria Lindsay
More Sports News
- RubberDucks hold national anthem auditions
- Buchtel boys basketball team looking to get stronger
- Copley team wins Slam Jam championship
- Woodridge boys basketball team reached several goals this season
- Spartan Sparkles program continues to celebrate inclusion
- Springfield boys track team aiming for strong finish in league
- Springfield bowling teams finish strong at state
- St. Francis team wins championship
Calendar of Events
- Bringing Down the Dam - 3/30/2017
- “Trolls” - 3/30/2017
- Food Addicts in Recovery Anonymous - 3/30/2017
- Hi-Fructose Storytelling with Wandering Aesthetics - 3/30/2017
- Woodland Garden and Wine Workshop - 3/30/2017