Gone fishing in Green ….
|Photos: Lew Stamp|
GREEN — Nice weather attracted a large crowd to the shores of the pond at Boettler Park for the city of Green Parks and Recreation Division and Green Kiwanis’ annual Spring Trout Derby May 4. A crowd of children fishing at the pond, with a little help from adults, is shown at top.
Among those to drop a line was Kylie DeLuca, who is pictured at right top getting some instruction from her grandmother, Julie DeLuca.
Green Parks and Recreation’s new mascot, Parker the Fox, made his debut at the fishing derby. He is shown at right middle watching over the shoulder of Ty Carlson, 5, who was fishing with his grandfather, Don Carlson, of Green.
Pictured at right bottom, from left, is Green resident Liam Carmichel, 3, New Franklin resident Quinn Marketich, 8, and Griffith Carmichel, 6, searching through a tackle box for the perfect lure.
The annual event awards prizes in various categories.
— By Maria Lindsay
More Sports News
- Walsh reclaims bell with victory over STVM
- Woodridge boys cross country team targeting postseason run
- Woodridge girls cross country team aiming for success
- Westfield Bank sponsors Cuyahoga Falls Little League North Baseball Complex
- West Side Scoreboard
- Springfield cross country celebrating new home course
- Springfield boys cross country coach seeing improvement
- Norton team first in division
- South Side Scoreboard
Calendar of Events
- Dinner in the Valley: A Lesson in Ducks - 9/16/2014
- Kindness Matters! - 9/17/2014
- Writers Live Author Luncheon featuring Wanda Brunstetter - 9/17/2014
- New Faculty Recital - 9/17/2014
- Highland Book Club: “Wonder” by R.J. Palacio - 9/18/2014