Gone fishing in Green .
|Photos: Lew Stamp|
GREEN — Nice weather attracted a large crowd to the shores of the pond at Boettler Park for the city of Green Parks and Recreation Division and Green Kiwanis’ annual Spring Trout Derby May 4. A crowd of children fishing at the pond, with a little help from adults, is shown at top.
Among those to drop a line was Kylie DeLuca, who is pictured at right top getting some instruction from her grandmother, Julie DeLuca.
Green Parks and Recreation’s new mascot, Parker the Fox, made his debut at the fishing derby. He is shown at right middle watching over the shoulder of Ty Carlson, 5, who was fishing with his grandfather, Don Carlson, of Green.
Pictured at right bottom, from left, is Green resident Liam Carmichel, 3, New Franklin resident Quinn Marketich, 8, and Griffith Carmichel, 6, searching through a tackle box for the perfect lure.
The annual event awards prizes in various categories.
— By Maria Lindsay
More Sports News
- Fast summer for Copley fifth-grader
- Revere Athletic Hall of Fame inductees revealed for 2016
- Firestone boys golf team looking for young golfers to step up
- Seniors looking to lead Springfield boys golf team
- Manchester girls tennis team showing growth
- Huth Foundation golf benefit raises funds for Project REBUILD
Calendar of Events
- Excel Basics - 8/23/2016
- A New Adventure: group for widows and widowers - 8/24/2016
- Meet Me in the Garden - 8/24/2016
- Lock Bottom Blues and Jazz Club: Ernie Krivda All Star Quartet - 8/24/2016
- Tots and Treats - 8/24/2016