Aeros, Roy Hobbs athletes participate in annual ‘Challenger Day’
|Photos courtesy of Rob Giffen, Roy Hobbs Baseball|
According to Aeros officials, the day marked the 15th year of the “Challenger Day,” which started with the Aeros and Canal Park in 1999.
“Challenger Day” athletes got a chance to play a game on Canal Park’s field complete with the video board and public address announcements. The current roster of Akron Aeros players and coaches, as well as the team’s front office staff, helped the athletes run the bases and field grounders, all while cheering and encouraging them, according to Aeros officials. Following the game, players signed autographs and took a team picture with the athletes.
Shown at right is infielder Ronny Rodriguez helping an athlete bat.
According to Aeros officials, Challenger athletes ranged in age from 7 to 25. Several local area Challenger leagues brought players, including those from Barberton, Tallmadge, Cuyahoga Falls, Hudson, Canton, Medina and Tuscarawas County.
More Sports News
- Area schools compete in annual wrestling tourney
- Coach impressed with improvement shown by Revere swim teams
- Undefeated Copley boys team wins division
- Elms basketball team out to best start in three years
- Copley girls soccer team ends perfect season
- Green boys bowling team aiming for more postseason success
- Coventry boys looking to defend hoops title
- Area schools compete in 30th annual wrestling tournament
Calendar of Events
- Nature Drawing for Kids: ages 6-12 - 1/22/2017
- “Ratatouille” - 1/22/2017
- All Things Rings: Beginner Level - 1/22/2017
- The Lincoln Inaugural Train - 1/23/2017
- “Reasons to Be Happy” - 1/24/2017