Aeros, Roy Hobbs athletes participate in annual ‘Challenger Day’
|Photos courtesy of Rob Giffen, Roy Hobbs Baseball|
According to Aeros officials, the day marked the 15th year of the “Challenger Day,” which started with the Aeros and Canal Park in 1999.
“Challenger Day” athletes got a chance to play a game on Canal Park’s field complete with the video board and public address announcements. The current roster of Akron Aeros players and coaches, as well as the team’s front office staff, helped the athletes run the bases and field grounders, all while cheering and encouraging them, according to Aeros officials. Following the game, players signed autographs and took a team picture with the athletes.
Shown at right is infielder Ronny Rodriguez helping an athlete bat.
According to Aeros officials, Challenger athletes ranged in age from 7 to 25. Several local area Challenger leagues brought players, including those from Barberton, Tallmadge, Cuyahoga Falls, Hudson, Canton, Medina and Tuscarawas County.
More Sports News
- Cardboard Classic offers outdoor fun
- Seniors aiming to lead Firestone wrestling team
- Revere boys basketball building momentum for postseason
- CVNP receives funds for new trails
- West Side Scoreboard
- Green boys swim team undefeated in Suburban League
- Green girls swim team aiming for postseason success
- Summit Metro Parks’ Cardboard Classic offered outdoor fun
- South Side Scoreboard
Calendar of Events
- A New Beginning - 1/31/2015
- “The Vagina Monologues” - 1/31/2015
- Lunch and a Movie for Teens - 1/31/2015
- Comedy in the Cellar - 1/31/2015
- Billy Strings and Don Julin - 1/31/2015