Area residents take part in annual Special Needs Trout Derby
|Photos: Scott Horstman|
The derby, which was for special needs children and special needs adults, was presented by the Goodyear Hunting & Fishing Club, the Ohio Division of Wildlife and Metro Parks, Serving Summit County.
Aaron Anderson, of Springfield, is shown at right with the rainbow trout he caught at the derby.
Volunteers from the Goodyear Hunting & Fishing Club were on hand to help the anglers.
Shown at left is Steve Isaacs, a member of the Goodyear Hunting & Fishing Club, posing in front of the fish information display at the pond. He is the current chairman and organizer of the Trout Derby.
Besides fishing, participants also enjoyed free hot dogs, chips and beverages.
— By Kathleen Collins
More Sports News
- Copley Indians continue winning streak against Norton Panthers
- Thousands expected to take part in Akron Marathon
- Revere girls volleyball team finds winning chemistry
- West Side Scoreboard
- Springfield girls cross country program growing
- Green girls golf squad aiming for ‘lofty goals’
- South Side Scoreboard
Calendar of Events
- Star Spangled Banner, 1812 Flag and National Anthem with Sharon Myers - 9/23/2014
- Avian Photography with Dan Behm - 9/24/2014
- A New Adventure - 9/24/2014
- Cookin’ with Miss Keni: grades 1-5 - 9/24/2014
- Getting Started with Medicare - 9/25/2014