Area residents take part in annual Special Needs Trout Derby
|Photos: Scott Horstman|
The derby, which was for special needs children and special needs adults, was presented by the Goodyear Hunting & Fishing Club, the Ohio Division of Wildlife and Metro Parks, Serving Summit County.
Aaron Anderson, of Springfield, is shown at right with the rainbow trout he caught at the derby.
Volunteers from the Goodyear Hunting & Fishing Club were on hand to help the anglers.
Shown at left is Steve Isaacs, a member of the Goodyear Hunting & Fishing Club, posing in front of the fish information display at the pond. He is the current chairman and organizer of the Trout Derby.
Besides fishing, participants also enjoyed free hot dogs, chips and beverages.
— By Kathleen Collins
More Sports News
- Area residents named to local baseball hall of fame
- Copley-Fairlawn Kiwanis Club hosting pregame dinner
- Copley girls soccer team looking to finish season strong
- Firestone girls soccer team showing weekly improvement
- Norton team places first in U14 division
- West Side Scoreboard
- Green girls volleyball team improving through defense
- Coventry girls volleyball team aiming for winning record
- South Side Scoreboard
Calendar of Events
- PAWS for Reading with service dog Molly - 10/1/2014
- The Wiggles - 10/1/2014
- Cajun Dinner and Concert with Steve Riley & the Mamou Playboys - 10/1/2014
- “Shane” - 10/2/2014
- Putting Your Garden to Bed - 10/2/2014