Area residents take part in annual Special Needs Trout Derby
|Photos: Scott Horstman|
The derby, which was for special needs children and special needs adults, was presented by the Goodyear Hunting & Fishing Club, the Ohio Division of Wildlife and Metro Parks, Serving Summit County.
Aaron Anderson, of Springfield, is shown at right with the rainbow trout he caught at the derby.
Volunteers from the Goodyear Hunting & Fishing Club were on hand to help the anglers.
Shown at left is Steve Isaacs, a member of the Goodyear Hunting & Fishing Club, posing in front of the fish information display at the pond. He is the current chairman and organizer of the Trout Derby.
Besides fishing, participants also enjoyed free hot dogs, chips and beverages.
— By Kathleen Collins
More Sports News
- Hoban football team looking to defend state title
- Woodridge football ends successful season with league title
- Copley Athletic Hall of Fame’s Class of 2016 to be honored
- Combined St. Hilary, St. Joseph football team wins award
- Green boys swim team targeting return visit to state
- Schrop students run for fun
Calendar of Events
- “Spring Awakening” - 12/6/2016
- Music Trivia - 12/6/2016
- Cake Decorating: Holiday Cupcakes; Cake Decorating: Holiday Cookies - 12/6/2016
- Glass Fusing with Marianne Hite - 12/7/2016
- Weekday Walkers - 12/7/2016