Area residents take part in annual Special Needs Trout Derby
|Photos: Scott Horstman|
The derby, which was for special needs children and special needs adults, was presented by the Goodyear Hunting & Fishing Club, the Ohio Division of Wildlife and Metro Parks, Serving Summit County.
Aaron Anderson, of Springfield, is shown at right with the rainbow trout he caught at the derby.
Volunteers from the Goodyear Hunting & Fishing Club were on hand to help the anglers.
Shown at left is Steve Isaacs, a member of the Goodyear Hunting & Fishing Club, posing in front of the fish information display at the pond. He is the current chairman and organizer of the Trout Derby.
Besides fishing, participants also enjoyed free hot dogs, chips and beverages.
— By Kathleen Collins
More Sports News
- Undefeated Hoban football team beats rival Walsh
- Copley boys soccer team looking to continue postseason success
- Experience key strength for Woodridge boys soccer team
- West Side Scoreboard
- Springfield boys cross country team eyeing strong finish
- ‘Future looks bright’ for Springfield girls cross country team
- South Side Scoreboard
Calendar of Events
- “Cheaper by the Dozen” - 10/10/2015
- Read to the Dogs - 10/10/2015
- Fall Family Outing - 10/10/2015
- Akron Symphony Orchestra: The Music of John Williams - 10/10/2015
- Katt Williams - 10/10/2015