Area residents take part in annual Special Needs Trout Derby
|Photos: Scott Horstman|
The derby, which was for special needs children and special needs adults, was presented by the Goodyear Hunting & Fishing Club, the Ohio Division of Wildlife and Metro Parks, Serving Summit County.
Aaron Anderson, of Springfield, is shown at right with the rainbow trout he caught at the derby.
Volunteers from the Goodyear Hunting & Fishing Club were on hand to help the anglers.
Shown at left is Steve Isaacs, a member of the Goodyear Hunting & Fishing Club, posing in front of the fish information display at the pond. He is the current chairman and organizer of the Trout Derby.
Besides fishing, participants also enjoyed free hot dogs, chips and beverages.
— By Kathleen Collins
More Sports News
- STVM wins second consecutive state football championship
- Copley Athletic Hall of Fame inducting new members
- Area runners take cold in stride for Portage Lakes event
- Copley wrestling team keyed by ‘youth and athleticism’ this season
- West Side Scoreboard
- Buchtel alumni bringing back interclass run
- Norton girls soccer team wins championship
Calendar of Events
- Romp with Rudolph - 12/12/2013
- “Grown Ups 2” - 12/12/2013
- Boy=Girl - 12/13/2013
- Ohio City Singers - 12/13/2013
- Christmas Tree Lighting - 12/13/2013