CVNP receives funds for trail operation, maintenance
|Photo courtesy of National Park Service, Denny Reiser|
The National Park Service received $39,000 in the first disbursement from the TRAILS FOREVER Legacy Fund of the $1 million raised to date, according to CVNP officials. These funds were used to hire a seasonal volunteer trails coordinator, which is needed for the coordination of the hundreds of volunteers who help manage park trails. The funds also were used for a trailer to store trail supplies and materials; and for participation in a collaborative partner initiative, Code for America, in which an application will be created and used to navigate all the trails in Summit County, according to CVNP officials.
The goal of the TRAILS FOREVER Legacy Fund is to ensure the public will forever have access to a world-class trail system in CVNP, according to CVNP officials. In its capacity as the official fundraising partner for the national park, the Conservancy has engaged the community with a goal of raising a $10 million trails endowment fund by 2016, which is the 100th anniversary of the National Park Service, according to CVNP officials.
Shown above is Cuyahoga Valley Trails Council volunteers and Jeff Pettigrew, NPS volunteer trails coordinator, in front of new trails trailer.
More Sports News
- Swim meet honors local swimmer
- West Side Scoreboard
- Copley girls swim team sets ‘lofty goals’ this season
- ‘Speed and quickness’ key for Copley boys basketball team
- Metro Parks recognizes 50-year Fall Hiking Spree hikers
- Copley Cosmos U13 team ends season as champs
- Revere fourth-grade cheer team places first at tournament
- New coach changing culture of Coventry girls basketball team
- Winning record goal for Coventry boys bowling team
- South Side Scoreboard
- G.P.A. Turkey Trot raises funds for scholarships
Calendar of Events
- Caring Santa - 12/8/2013
- Santa Photos - 12/8/2013
- Scintas - 12/8/2013
- Holiday Arts and Crafts Show - 12/8/2013
- Medina United Methodist Church Adult Handbell Choir - 12/9/2013