Martial arts students participate in good citizenship program
|Photo courtesy of Asian Sun Martial Arts|
According to Asian Sun officials, students were asked to do at least one random act of kindness per week. Participants wrote down their act and turned it in during taekwondo class. The program lasted for eight weeks, and during that time, 700 people participated with more than 5,600 random acts of kindness.
After the program was over, all of the participants received a certificate of achievement from state Rep. Kristina Roegner (R-District 37).
Shown above right, clockwise from left, are some of the participants: Mimi Hover, Alexia Andrachik, Louis Hover, Hannah Hover and Nadia Andrachik.
More Sports News
- JCC pool opens with a splash
- Revere baseball looking to build on momentum from last season
- First-year coach looking to lead young Firestone baseball team to success
- PowerHouse gymnastics excel
- STVM CYO teams wins tourney
- Copley team declared champs
- Manchester softball team looking for deep postseason run
- Pitching primary strength for Springfield baseball team
Calendar of Events
- Bongo Joe and Little Steve-O - 4/1/2015
- Author Talk: Irv Korman - 4/1/2015
- Grass is Gross: Edible Landscaping - 4/2/2015
- “The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part I” - 4/2/2015
- Kite Workshop: for kindergarten-second grade - 4/2/2015