Metro Parks urges use of trail etiquette
SUMMIT COUNTY — To alleviate conflicts, users of the multipurpose trails managed by Metro Parks, Serving Summit County — the Bike & Hike Trail, the Ohio & Erie Canal Towpath Trail and the new Freedom Trail — are asked to follow these guidelines:
- Be courteous: All trail users should be respectful of others regardless of speed, skill level or mode of travel (i.e., bicycle, wheelchair or on foot).
- Pass on the left: Pass other trail users on their left. Give an audible signal before passing, either by voice (e.g., “On your left!”) or other means (e.g., ringing a bell). Pay special attention when passing children and pets.
- Stopping: Move to the right when stopping. If possible, exit the trail. Be cautious of others approaching from behind and make sure they know you are pulling over.
- Be predictable: Travel in a consistent and predictable manner. Always look behind you before changing positions on the trail.
- Don’t block the trail: Use no more than half of the trail. Do not block the flow of other users.
- Obey all traffic signs and signals: Use extra caution where trails cross streets. Stop at all signs and intersections. When entering or crossing a trail, yield to other users.
- Pets on the Trail: On every trail managed by the park district, dogs must be on leashes no more than 8 feet long. Mutt Mitts are provided in many high-usage areas to help visitors clean up after their pets.
For more information, call 330-867-5511 or visit www.summitmetroparks.org.
More Sports News
- Hits give RubberDucks opening day victory
- Revere boys tennis team working toward league title this season
- West Side Cause for Celebration - Sports
- Upperclassmen leading Highland boys tennis team to success
- West Side Scoreboard
- Green boys track team looking for young athletes to step up
- Newcomers to Manchester boys tennis team working to improve
- South Side Scoreboard
Calendar of Events
- Dala - 4/17/2015
- University of Akron Dance Company - 4/17/2015
- University of Akron’s Opera/Lyric Theatre: “Hansel and Gretel” - 4/17/2015
- Homeschoolers: Phenology - 4/17/2015
- Boycott! The Art of Economic Activism: - 4/17/2015