Metro Parks urges use of trail etiquette
SUMMIT COUNTY — To alleviate conflicts, users of the multipurpose trails managed by Metro Parks, Serving Summit County — the Bike & Hike Trail, the Ohio & Erie Canal Towpath Trail and the new Freedom Trail — are asked to follow these guidelines:
- Be courteous: All trail users should be respectful of others regardless of speed, skill level or mode of travel (i.e., bicycle, wheelchair or on foot).
- Pass on the left: Pass other trail users on their left. Give an audible signal before passing, either by voice (e.g., “On your left!”) or other means (e.g., ringing a bell). Pay special attention when passing children and pets.
- Stopping: Move to the right when stopping. If possible, exit the trail. Be cautious of others approaching from behind and make sure they know you are pulling over.
- Be predictable: Travel in a consistent and predictable manner. Always look behind you before changing positions on the trail.
- Don’t block the trail: Use no more than half of the trail. Do not block the flow of other users.
- Obey all traffic signs and signals: Use extra caution where trails cross streets. Stop at all signs and intersections. When entering or crossing a trail, yield to other users.
- Pets on the Trail: On every trail managed by the park district, dogs must be on leashes no more than 8 feet long. Mutt Mitts are provided in many high-usage areas to help visitors clean up after their pets.
For more information, call 330-867-5511 or visit www.summitmetroparks.org.
More Sports News
- Hoban defeats STVM in annual matchup
- Akron Marathon concludes inaugural Rubber City Race Series
- Highland girls golf team adds another league title to résumé
- Revere tennis team places second in tournament
- Highland boys golf team looking for more postseason success
- West Side Scoreboard
- Coventry girls tennis coach pleased with improvement
- Manchester girls tennis coach working to build foundation
- South Side Scoreboard
Calendar of Events
- American Sewing Guild: Pajama Pants Service Project - 10/6/2015
- University of Akron Symphonic Band/Concert Band - 10/7/2015
- Criss Angel Presents: The Supernaturalists - 10/7/2015
- Cooking Seminar and Happy Hour - 10/8/2015
- Healthy Strides Hike and Talk - 10/8/2015