Local youths take part in Derby
No local racers took home the top prize. Summit County racers who competed include: Alexis Sklack (Stock), Ashley Sklack (Rally) and Haley Aull (Masters), of Green; Christian Viering (Stock), of Fairlawn; Freddy Atchison (Rally) and Trinity Kubick (Rally), of Cuyahoga Falls; Emily Harmon (Super Stock), of Silver Lake; Cheyenne Wilt (Rally) and Aaron Rathbun (Rally), of Springfield; and Maria Fahey (Rally), of New Franklin.
Shown at at far right is Viering with a life-size poster of himself.
Atchison is shown above left in his car, at left, racing down the hill.
Taking part in this year’s festivities was Soap Box Derby world champ Fred Mohler, of Indiana, shown at near right, who was this year’s co-parade marshal with the 1934 derby winner.
For more race results, visit www.aasbd.org.
The day before the championship race, July 26, the National Super Kids Classic took place. Local racers included: John Krzysik and Joseph Korane from Hudson, David Slusser from Cuyahoga Falls and David Wilt from Springfield. No local racers placed in the top three.
— By Kathleen Collins
Photos: Krista Galloway
More Sports News
- Copley boys, girls soccer teams win district titles
- Firestone swim marathon kicking off Nov. 1
- Highland volleyball team ends season on strong note
- Copley football team looking to clinch winning season
- West Side Scoreboard
- Copley teams face off in championshipq
- Revere team wins league, tournament titles
- Chippewa Youth Trapshooting Club celebrating 10 years
- Copley travel team ends successful season
- Cleveland Futbol Club U12 team wins third straight state cup title
- Green boys cross country team sending two runners to state
- Green girls cross country team headed to state meet
- Coventry girls soccer team scores successful season
- South Side Scoreboard
Calendar of Events
- “Virtues and Vices” to benefit Child Guidance and Family Solutions - 11/1/2014
- Neos Dance Theatre’s “Count: The Legend of Dracula” - 11/1/2014
- Basket Weaving 101: Pumpkin Basket - 11/1/2014
- Learn and Do Safety Fair - 11/1/2014
- Composting - 11/1/2014