Local youths take part in Derby
No local racers took home the top prize. Summit County racers who competed include: Alexis Sklack (Stock), Ashley Sklack (Rally) and Haley Aull (Masters), of Green; Christian Viering (Stock), of Fairlawn; Freddy Atchison (Rally) and Trinity Kubick (Rally), of Cuyahoga Falls; Emily Harmon (Super Stock), of Silver Lake; Cheyenne Wilt (Rally) and Aaron Rathbun (Rally), of Springfield; and Maria Fahey (Rally), of New Franklin.
Shown at at far right is Viering with a life-size poster of himself.
Atchison is shown above left in his car, at left, racing down the hill.
Taking part in this year’s festivities was Soap Box Derby world champ Fred Mohler, of Indiana, shown at near right, who was this year’s co-parade marshal with the 1934 derby winner.
For more race results, visit www.aasbd.org.
The day before the championship race, July 26, the National Super Kids Classic took place. Local racers included: John Krzysik and Joseph Korane from Hudson, David Slusser from Cuyahoga Falls and David Wilt from Springfield. No local racers placed in the top three.
— By Kathleen Collins
Photos: Krista Galloway
More Sports News
- Walsh boys basketball team defeats Hoban
- Medina gymnasts excel at meet
- Revere girls basketball team taking ‘different path’ to reach goals
- Walsh girls basketball team looking forward to postseason challenges
- West Side Scoreboard
- Woodridge wrestling coach pleasantly surprised by team’s effort
- Manchester wrestling team gearing up for league meet
- Green boys basketball team adjusting to Federal League
- South Side Scoreboard
Calendar of Events
- Belly Dancing Fitness Class - 2/8/2016
- Tuesday Musical: Marina Piccinini and Andreas Haefliger - 2/9/2016
- Widows and Widowers Under 50 - 2/10/2016
- Downloading with OverDrive; eBook Downloading with Kindle Fire; Know Your Android Tablet - 2/10/2016
- Pinkalicious Party - 2/10/2016