Area residents walk, run for autism
|Photo courtesy of the Autism Society of Greater Akron|
The theme for the race this year was “Lace it. Race it. Face it. Let’s Face Autism Together.” According to Laurie Cramer, director of the Autism Society of Greater Akron, the event raised $85,000, which will benefit the Greater Akron chapter’s local programs and services.
“One of the biggest questions we get is where our fundraising dollars go,” said Cramer. “In addition to financing our ongoing programs, next year we are launching ‘I Can Swim,’ a camp that certifies swim instructors in adapted aquatics, a very big need in the Greater Akron area.”
The Greater Akron office serves Summit, Medina, Stark, Portage and Wayne counties, according to Cramer.
More Sports News
Calendar of Events
- Drybrush Watercolor - 10/22/2016
- Easy Street Band - 10/22/2016
- Ghouls (and Guys) Just Want to Have Fun Wine and Canvas Night - 10/22/2016
- Yoga and Mimosa; Yoga and Wine - 10/22/2016
- “Tails from the Witch’s Cauldron” - 10/22/2016