Area residents walk, run for autism
|Photo courtesy of the Autism Society of Greater Akron|
The theme for the race this year was “Lace it. Race it. Face it. Let’s Face Autism Together.” According to Laurie Cramer, director of the Autism Society of Greater Akron, the event raised $85,000, which will benefit the Greater Akron chapter’s local programs and services.
“One of the biggest questions we get is where our fundraising dollars go,” said Cramer. “In addition to financing our ongoing programs, next year we are launching ‘I Can Swim,’ a camp that certifies swim instructors in adapted aquatics, a very big need in the Greater Akron area.”
The Greater Akron office serves Summit, Medina, Stark, Portage and Wayne counties, according to Cramer.
More Sports News
Calendar of Events
- Evil Ways, The Jimi Hendrix Tribute Experience and Ball and Chain - 8/28/2015
- End of Summer Jam with Sir Charles and Wendell B. - 8/28/2015
- Thyme for Dinner: Campfire Cooking - 8/28/2015
- Downloading with the 3M Cloud Library, eLearning the Easy Way, Excel Basics, Games and Tricks for Android Tablets - 8/29/2015
- Akron Symphony Chorus - 8/29/2015