Green celebrates win, alumni
Not only did the Bulldogs defeat Maple Heights High School 34-20, the 1986 state championship track team and three members of that team and its coach were honored as the inaugural class of Green High School’s new Hall of Fame. The class — which includes head coach Francis Kelly (who is deceased), state champion 1,600 and 3,200-meter runner Mark Croghan, state champion pole vaulter Brian Kelly and state runner-up high jumper Mark McClure — were honored at the game and inducted during a ceremony Sept. 14.
Shown below, from left, at the game are Sue Kelly (wife of Francis Kelly), Dave Milkovich (friend of the Kelly family), McClure, Brian Kelly and Croghan.
Shown at right bottom is Sue Kelly after unveiling a new stone plaque at the gate of the stadium honoring her husband and his years of service to the student athletes of Green.
Shown above during the game is Bulldogs quarterback John Davies (No. 7) scoring Green’s first Green touchdown that night.
Shown at right top is Green’s James Angel (No. 28), at right, breaking a tackle by Maple Heights Derrick Taylor (No. 9).
— By Kathleen Collins
Photos: Dale Dong
More Sports News
- Area residents named to local baseball hall of fame
- Copley-Fairlawn Kiwanis Club hosting pregame dinner
- Copley girls soccer team looking to finish season strong
- Firestone girls soccer team showing weekly improvement
- Norton team places first in U14 division
- West Side Scoreboard
- Green girls volleyball team improving through defense
- Coventry girls volleyball team aiming for winning record
- South Side Scoreboard
Calendar of Events
- PAWS for Reading with service dog Molly - 10/1/2014
- The Wiggles - 10/1/2014
- Cajun Dinner and Concert with Steve Riley & the Mamou Playboys - 10/1/2014
- “Shane” - 10/2/2014
- Putting Your Garden to Bed - 10/2/2014