Green celebrates win, alumni
Not only did the Bulldogs defeat Maple Heights High School 34-20, the 1986 state championship track team and three members of that team and its coach were honored as the inaugural class of Green High School’s new Hall of Fame. The class — which includes head coach Francis Kelly (who is deceased), state champion 1,600 and 3,200-meter runner Mark Croghan, state champion pole vaulter Brian Kelly and state runner-up high jumper Mark McClure — were honored at the game and inducted during a ceremony Sept. 14.
Shown below, from left, at the game are Sue Kelly (wife of Francis Kelly), Dave Milkovich (friend of the Kelly family), McClure, Brian Kelly and Croghan.
Shown at right bottom is Sue Kelly after unveiling a new stone plaque at the gate of the stadium honoring her husband and his years of service to the student athletes of Green.
Shown above during the game is Bulldogs quarterback John Davies (No. 7) scoring Green’s first Green touchdown that night.
Shown at right top is Green’s James Angel (No. 28), at right, breaking a tackle by Maple Heights Derrick Taylor (No. 9).
— By Kathleen Collins
Photos: Dale Dong
More Sports News
- Woodridge seeing success in playoffs
- St. Sebastian Booster Club hosts basketball tournament
- Woodridge baseball team earns third consecutive league title
- West Side Scoreboard
- Woodridge boys track ends season with perfect league record
- Copley fourth-grade team wins championship
- Granger Challenge raises over $14,000
- Strong pitching leads Springfield baseball team to wins
- Green softball team earns first-place tie in Suburban League
- New playground unveiled at Uniontown Community Park
- South Side Scoreboard
Calendar of Events
- Boogie Woogie Books - 5/26/2015
- A New Beginning - 5/27/2015
- Feeding Time: ages 5 and older - 5/27/2015
- Anime Club - 5/27/2015
- Summer Volunteer Orientation: ages 12-18 - 5/27/2015