Buchtel Griffins defeat rival Firestone
The Griffins defeated Firestone 19-0.
Buchtel quarterback Christopher Davis (No. 8) is shown below, at right, trying to get away from Firestone’s Howard Dover (No. 6).
Shown at right bottom is Buchtel receiver Derrick Harvey Jr. (No. 15), at right, eluding tackles as he turns upfield for the second Griffin touchdown.
Shown at right top is Firestone receiver Zuriel Sanders (No. 3), at left, catching a pass from quarterback Deon Brooks (No. 2).
Shown above is Buchtel punt returner Tymeon Ollison (No. 13), at center, before a punt.
Buchtel will next play Garfield High School tonight, Sept. 26, at 7 p.m. at Ellet High School.
Firestone will play Kenmore High School Sept. 28 at noon at Kenmore.
— By Kathleen Collins
Photos: Dale Dong
More Sports News
Calendar of Events
- All-American Trees; Butterfly Walk - 7/4/2015
- Akron Symphony Pops Orchestra with Freedom Brass Band and Alex Bevan - 7/4/2015
- Hiking for the Health of It - 7/4/2015
- Peninsula Flea - 7/4/2015
- Exploring the Tamarack Bog - 7/5/2015