Buchtel Griffins defeat rival Firestone
The Griffins defeated Firestone 19-0.
Buchtel quarterback Christopher Davis (No. 8) is shown below, at right, trying to get away from Firestone’s Howard Dover (No. 6).
Shown at right bottom is Buchtel receiver Derrick Harvey Jr. (No. 15), at right, eluding tackles as he turns upfield for the second Griffin touchdown.
Shown at right top is Firestone receiver Zuriel Sanders (No. 3), at left, catching a pass from quarterback Deon Brooks (No. 2).
Shown above is Buchtel punt returner Tymeon Ollison (No. 13), at center, before a punt.
Buchtel will next play Garfield High School tonight, Sept. 26, at 7 p.m. at Ellet High School.
Firestone will play Kenmore High School Sept. 28 at noon at Kenmore.
— By Kathleen Collins
Photos: Dale Dong
More Sports News
- JCC pool opens with a splash
- Revere baseball looking to build on momentum from last season
- First-year coach looking to lead young Firestone baseball team to success
- PowerHouse gymnastics excel
- STVM CYO teams wins tourney
- Copley team declared champs
- Manchester softball team looking for deep postseason run
- Pitching primary strength for Springfield baseball team
Calendar of Events
- University of Akron Symphony Orchestra with Ting-Wei Chang and Mario Buchanan - 3/31/2015
- Cheri Homaee - 3/31/2015
- Bongo Joe and Little Steve-O - 4/1/2015
- Author Talk: Irv Korman - 4/1/2015
- Grass is Gross: Edible Landscaping - 4/2/2015