Buchtel Griffins defeat rival Firestone
The Griffins defeated Firestone 19-0.
Buchtel quarterback Christopher Davis (No. 8) is shown below, at right, trying to get away from Firestone’s Howard Dover (No. 6).
Shown at right bottom is Buchtel receiver Derrick Harvey Jr. (No. 15), at right, eluding tackles as he turns upfield for the second Griffin touchdown.
Shown at right top is Firestone receiver Zuriel Sanders (No. 3), at left, catching a pass from quarterback Deon Brooks (No. 2).
Shown above is Buchtel punt returner Tymeon Ollison (No. 13), at center, before a punt.
Buchtel will next play Garfield High School tonight, Sept. 26, at 7 p.m. at Ellet High School.
Firestone will play Kenmore High School Sept. 28 at noon at Kenmore.
— By Kathleen Collins
Photos: Dale Dong
More Sports News
- Copley Indians continue winning streak against Norton Panthers
- Thousands expected to take part in Akron Marathon
- Revere girls volleyball team finds winning chemistry
- West Side Scoreboard
- Springfield girls cross country program growing
- Green girls golf squad aiming for ‘lofty goals’
- South Side Scoreboard
Calendar of Events
- The Help - 9/19/2014
- Medina County Story Fest - 9/20/2014
- A Vision to Share, a Story to Tell - 9/20/2014
- “Deadly Murder” - 9/20/2014
- Using Ancestry in Your Genealogy Research - 9/20/2014