Runners hit streets for Akron Marathon
The starting line was located on South Broadway Street in Downtown Akron, shown above.
The 26-mile route included participants running over the All-America Bridge, shown below.
Shown at right top is Joe Booth, of Akron, who placed first in the full marathon wheelchair division with a time of 3 hours, 46 minutes and 28 seconds.
Shown at right bottom crossing the finish line is Karl Sundkvist, of Akron.
A complete list of race results is available online at www.akronmarathon.org.
For the male and female top five finishers, see Page 1.
— By Kathleen Collins
Photos: Dale Dong
More Sports News
Calendar of Events
- Saturday Dance and Gymnastics - 8/23/2014
- Sixth Medina International Fest - 8/23/2014
- 24th Annual AoRC Juried Show - 8/23/2014
- “Relatively Speaking” by Alan Ayckbourn - 8/24/2014
- Hudson Stamp Show - 8/24/2014