Runners hit streets for Akron Marathon
The starting line was located on South Broadway Street in Downtown Akron, shown above.
The 26-mile route included participants running over the All-America Bridge, shown below.
Shown at right top is Joe Booth, of Akron, who placed first in the full marathon wheelchair division with a time of 3 hours, 46 minutes and 28 seconds.
Shown at right bottom crossing the finish line is Karl Sundkvist, of Akron.
A complete list of race results is available online at www.akronmarathon.org.
For the male and female top five finishers, see Page 1.
— By Kathleen Collins
Photos: Dale Dong
More Sports News
Calendar of Events
- Colin Dussault - 8/3/2015
- “First Tuesday” Dance - 8/4/2015
- Experience the Underground Railroad - 8/4/2015
- Freezing and Canning Workshop - 8/4/2015
- Show and Tell Me a Story: for ages 1-3 - 8/5/2015