Bulldog Dash raises funds for schools
|Photos courtesy of [a]thousandwords ltd. custom photography|
Shown above are children taking part in the event.
Shown at top right, from left, are the top three females in the 5K: Chrissy San Jose, third; Melodie Sams, first; and Heidi Sluss, second.
Shown at bottom right, from left, are the top three males in the 5K: Bill Dando, third; Curt Bachus, first; and Jay Salem, second.
Money is raised for the schools through student pledges, race entries and sponsorships for the event. In 2012, more than 920 people participated in the race and raised almost $30,000 for the schools, according to event officials. This year’s goal was to raise $40,000.
For a full list of results from the event, visit www.greenbulldogdash.com.
— By Kathleen Collins
More Sports News
- Area residents named to local baseball hall of fame
- Copley-Fairlawn Kiwanis Club hosting pregame dinner
- Copley girls soccer team looking to finish season strong
- Firestone girls soccer team showing weekly improvement
- Norton team places first in U14 division
- West Side Scoreboard
- Green girls volleyball team improving through defense
- Coventry girls volleyball team aiming for winning record
- South Side Scoreboard
Calendar of Events
- “Shane” - 10/2/2014
- Putting Your Garden to Bed - 10/2/2014
- Preschool Pals Story Time - 10/2/2014
- All-Beethoven Concert - 10/2/2014
- Paul Theroux on China: The Years Between Mao and Modernism - 10/2/2014