Bulldog Dash raises funds for schools
|Photos courtesy of [a]thousandwords ltd. custom photography|
Shown above are children taking part in the event.
Shown at top right, from left, are the top three females in the 5K: Chrissy San Jose, third; Melodie Sams, first; and Heidi Sluss, second.
Shown at bottom right, from left, are the top three males in the 5K: Bill Dando, third; Curt Bachus, first; and Jay Salem, second.
Money is raised for the schools through student pledges, race entries and sponsorships for the event. In 2012, more than 920 people participated in the race and raised almost $30,000 for the schools, according to event officials. This year’s goal was to raise $40,000.
For a full list of results from the event, visit www.greenbulldogdash.com.
— By Kathleen Collins
More Sports News
- Copley Indians continue winning streak against Norton Panthers
- Thousands expected to take part in Akron Marathon
- Revere girls volleyball team finds winning chemistry
- West Side Scoreboard
- Springfield girls cross country program growing
- Green girls golf squad aiming for ‘lofty goals’
- South Side Scoreboard
Calendar of Events
- Star Spangled Banner, 1812 Flag and National Anthem with Sharon Myers - 9/23/2014
- Avian Photography with Dan Behm - 9/24/2014
- A New Adventure - 9/24/2014
- Cookin’ with Miss Keni: grades 1-5 - 9/24/2014
- Getting Started with Medicare - 9/25/2014