Bulldog Dash raises funds for schools
|Photos courtesy of [a]thousandwords ltd. custom photography|
Shown above are children taking part in the event.
Shown at top right, from left, are the top three females in the 5K: Chrissy San Jose, third; Melodie Sams, first; and Heidi Sluss, second.
Shown at bottom right, from left, are the top three males in the 5K: Bill Dando, third; Curt Bachus, first; and Jay Salem, second.
Money is raised for the schools through student pledges, race entries and sponsorships for the event. In 2012, more than 920 people participated in the race and raised almost $30,000 for the schools, according to event officials. This year’s goal was to raise $40,000.
For a full list of results from the event, visit www.greenbulldogdash.com.
— By Kathleen Collins
More Sports News
- Canal Park creates fond memories
- Copley-Fairlawn Schools Foundation 5K, Fun Run set for Aug. 2
- Three to be inducted into Derby Hall of Fame
- Coventry H League Indians finish successful season
- Ellet Racers 10U softball team Portage District Champs
- Panthers U9 league champs
- Summit Metro Parks stresses trail etiquette
Calendar of Events
- Pilates - 7/30/2014
- Intercourse the Collective - 7/30/2014
- “Summer Fun” Book Sale - 7/31/2014
- Works by Portage Path Community Learning Center art students - 7/31/2014
- “Shout! The Mod Musical” - 8/2/2014