Bulldog Dash raises funds for schools
|Photos courtesy of [a]thousandwords ltd. custom photography|
Shown above are children taking part in the event.
Shown at top right, from left, are the top three females in the 5K: Chrissy San Jose, third; Melodie Sams, first; and Heidi Sluss, second.
Shown at bottom right, from left, are the top three males in the 5K: Bill Dando, third; Curt Bachus, first; and Jay Salem, second.
Money is raised for the schools through student pledges, race entries and sponsorships for the event. In 2012, more than 920 people participated in the race and raised almost $30,000 for the schools, according to event officials. This year’s goal was to raise $40,000.
For a full list of results from the event, visit www.greenbulldogdash.com.
— By Kathleen Collins
More Sports News
- Strong offense leads Woodridge to win
- Revere boys soccer team looking to defend state title
- Coach pleased with progress made by Revere girls tennis team
- Cleveland Futbol Club U14 team wins championship
- West Side Scoreboard
- Green girls soccer program building toward sustained success
- Springfield boys golf team finishes strong in PTC
- South Side Scoreboard
- Kick for the Cure raises record-breaking amount for charities
- Green mini majorettes cap clinic with performance
- Runners get in Halloween spirit
Calendar of Events
- A New Beginning - 10/22/2014
- Bastille - 10/22/2014
- Weekday Walkers - 10/22/2014
- Wine and Canvas Painting Class - 10/22/2014
- “Godzilla” - 10/23/2014