Green edges out Copley in league game
A 1-yard touchdown run in the fourth quarter by Green quarterback John Davies clinched the win for Green. Davies (No. 7) is shown above, at center, during the second quarter as he scrambles out of the backfield and is brought down by Copley lineman Chance Jones (No. 9).
Copley’s Jones (No. 9) is also shown below, at left, as he pursues Green receiver Brandon Papp (No. 24).
Shown at right bottom is Green defensive back Hayden Neal (No. 10), at right, breaking up a pass from Copley quarterback John Kromalic (No. 12) to receiver Milton Greer (No. 25).
Shown at right top is Copley’s Aulden Knight (No. 43), at left, being brought down by Green’s Casey Perch (No. 21).
The regular season ends tomorrow, Nov. 1, for both teams, which will play at 7 p.m.
Copley will play at home against Revere High School.
Green will play at home against Tallmadge High School.
For playoff information, visit www.ohsaa.org.
— By Kathleen Collins
Photos: Dale Dong
More Sports News
- Woodridge seeing success in playoffs
- St. Sebastian Booster Club hosts basketball tournament
- Woodridge baseball team earns third consecutive league title
- West Side Scoreboard
- Woodridge boys track ends season with perfect league record
- Copley fourth-grade team wins championship
- Granger Challenge raises over $14,000
- Strong pitching leads Springfield baseball team to wins
- Green softball team earns first-place tie in Suburban League
- New playground unveiled at Uniontown Community Park
- South Side Scoreboard
Calendar of Events
- Laughing Club - 5/23/2015
- Grand Opening - 5/23/2015
- Celebrate 50 Years of the Nature Realm Arboretum - 5/23/2015
- Early Bird Hike - 5/23/2015
- Diamond Project Band with Eli’s Coming - 5/23/2015