Green edges out Copley in league game
A 1-yard touchdown run in the fourth quarter by Green quarterback John Davies clinched the win for Green. Davies (No. 7) is shown above, at center, during the second quarter as he scrambles out of the backfield and is brought down by Copley lineman Chance Jones (No. 9).
Copley’s Jones (No. 9) is also shown below, at left, as he pursues Green receiver Brandon Papp (No. 24).
Shown at right bottom is Green defensive back Hayden Neal (No. 10), at right, breaking up a pass from Copley quarterback John Kromalic (No. 12) to receiver Milton Greer (No. 25).
Shown at right top is Copley’s Aulden Knight (No. 43), at left, being brought down by Green’s Casey Perch (No. 21).
The regular season ends tomorrow, Nov. 1, for both teams, which will play at 7 p.m.
Copley will play at home against Revere High School.
Green will play at home against Tallmadge High School.
For playoff information, visit www.ohsaa.org.
— By Kathleen Collins
Photos: Dale Dong
More Sports News
- Area residents named to local baseball hall of fame
- Copley-Fairlawn Kiwanis Club hosting pregame dinner
- Copley girls soccer team looking to finish season strong
- Firestone girls soccer team showing weekly improvement
- Norton team places first in U14 division
- West Side Scoreboard
- Green girls volleyball team improving through defense
- Coventry girls volleyball team aiming for winning record
- South Side Scoreboard
Calendar of Events
- “Shane” - 10/2/2014
- Putting Your Garden to Bed - 10/2/2014
- Preschool Pals Story Time - 10/2/2014
- All-Beethoven Concert - 10/2/2014
- Paul Theroux on China: The Years Between Mao and Modernism - 10/2/2014