STVM girls cross country team celebrates fifth state title
|Photo courtesy of St. Vincent-St. Mary High School|
According to STVM officials, Ohio High School Athletic Association (OHSAA) officials stated the team was the first girls team in Ohio to win five consecutive championships in the history of OHSAA.
According to STVM officials, in 2011, OHSAA officials announced STVM was the first high school to send a boys and a girls team to the state championships, with each member of those teams receiving Academic All-Ohio awards. The girls team repeated that same accomplishment in 2012 and 2013, according to STVM officials. To receive this award, an athlete must qualify to compete at state and have a minimum grade-point average of 3.5.
The team is coached by Dan Lancianese.
Shown above, from middle left, on the platform at state are members of the girls team: Mia Brady, Gracie Davis, Cynthia Haas, Julia Mendiola, Shea O’Brien, Rachel Iacofano, and Gina Neugebauer. Coaches are shown on either side of the student athletes.
More Sports News
- STVM wins first playoff game against North
- Copley wrestling coach says team ‘peaking right now’
- Revere wrestling team aiming for strong showing at sectionals
- Highland team captures league title
- Copley travel team victorious over Norton
- Revere team wins tournament
- West Side Scoreboard
- Green boys swim team aiming for strong showing at state
- Green girls swim team looking to finish season strong
- South Side Scoreboard
- Green wrestling team places second at meet
Calendar of Events
- Ohio and Erie Canal: A Timeline - 3/4/2015
- Alan Greene and T.C. Odegard - 3/4/2015
- Cleveland International Film Festival Preview - 3/4/2015
- Creative Writing for Homeschoolers - 3/5/2015
- University of Akron Symphony Orchestra - 3/5/2015