STVM girls cross country team celebrates fifth state title
|Photo courtesy of St. Vincent-St. Mary High School|
According to STVM officials, Ohio High School Athletic Association (OHSAA) officials stated the team was the first girls team in Ohio to win five consecutive championships in the history of OHSAA.
According to STVM officials, in 2011, OHSAA officials announced STVM was the first high school to send a boys and a girls team to the state championships, with each member of those teams receiving Academic All-Ohio awards. The girls team repeated that same accomplishment in 2012 and 2013, according to STVM officials. To receive this award, an athlete must qualify to compete at state and have a minimum grade-point average of 3.5.
The team is coached by Dan Lancianese.
Shown above, from middle left, on the platform at state are members of the girls team: Mia Brady, Gracie Davis, Cynthia Haas, Julia Mendiola, Shea O’Brien, Rachel Iacofano, and Gina Neugebauer. Coaches are shown on either side of the student athletes.
More Sports News
- Walsh reclaims bell with victory over STVM
- Woodridge boys cross country team targeting postseason run
- Woodridge girls cross country team aiming for success
- Westfield Bank sponsors Cuyahoga Falls Little League North Baseball Complex
- West Side Scoreboard
- Springfield cross country celebrating new home course
- Springfield boys cross country coach seeing improvement
- Norton team first in division
- South Side Scoreboard
Calendar of Events
- Adult Ceramics - 9/15/2014
- Hot Air Balloons - 9/15/2014
- Prostate Cancer Awareness Ministry - 9/15/2014
- Dinner in the Valley: A Lesson in Ducks - 9/16/2014
- Kindness Matters! - 9/17/2014