STVM girls cross country team celebrates fifth state title
|Photo courtesy of St. Vincent-St. Mary High School|
According to STVM officials, Ohio High School Athletic Association (OHSAA) officials stated the team was the first girls team in Ohio to win five consecutive championships in the history of OHSAA.
According to STVM officials, in 2011, OHSAA officials announced STVM was the first high school to send a boys and a girls team to the state championships, with each member of those teams receiving Academic All-Ohio awards. The girls team repeated that same accomplishment in 2012 and 2013, according to STVM officials. To receive this award, an athlete must qualify to compete at state and have a minimum grade-point average of 3.5.
The team is coached by Dan Lancianese.
Shown above, from middle left, on the platform at state are members of the girls team: Mia Brady, Gracie Davis, Cynthia Haas, Julia Mendiola, Shea O’Brien, Rachel Iacofano, and Gina Neugebauer. Coaches are shown on either side of the student athletes.
More Sports News
- JCC pool opens with a splash
- Revere baseball looking to build on momentum from last season
- First-year coach looking to lead young Firestone baseball team to success
- PowerHouse gymnastics excel
- STVM CYO teams wins tourney
- Copley team declared champs
- Manchester softball team looking for deep postseason run
- Pitching primary strength for Springfield baseball team
Calendar of Events
- Cabin Fever Reliever - 3/29/2015
- Movie Matinee - 3/30/2015
- Teen Program: String Art - 3/30/2015
- Spring Health and Wellness Series: Himalayan Singing Bowls - 3/30/2015
- University of Akron Symphony Orchestra with Ting-Wei Chang and Mario Buchanan - 3/31/2015