Metro Parks recognizes 50-year Fall Hiking Spree hikers
|Photo courtesy of Metro Parks, Serving Summit County|
The park district recognized the 12 residents, shown above, with a group photo at the F.A. Seiberling Nature Realm Nov. 25.
The 50-year hikers include George Figel, Frank and Amy Mitch, Jennie Pier, Mildred Poole and Neva Ucker, all of Akron; Nancy Grof, of Barberton; Eileene Ball, of Clinton; Bill Barnes, of Copley; Joan Haby and Alice Ryne, of Cuyahoga Falls; and Bert Szabo, of Munroe Falls.
According to Metro Parks officials, the three-month spree was started in 1964 to encourage residents to explore Summit County’s Metro Parks. This year only, the park district is allowing visitors to earn spree credit on the trails through Dec. 15.
For more information or hiking forms, visit www.summitmetroparks.org. Forms can be redeemed through March 31.
More Sports News
- Hoban wins second consecutive state football title
- Walsh girls soccer team adds to winning culture with 10th state title
- West Side Saints win CYO championship
- Warriors, Bulldogs in spotlight following state wins
- Towpath men’s team finishes fourth at nationals
- Walsh girls soccer team adds 10th state championship
- Green girls swim team looking to join league’s ‘upper tier’
- Parks offer winter activities
Calendar of Events
- “America’s Got Talent” - 12/10/2016
- Dynamics Community Theater’s “Miracle on 34th Street” - 12/10/2016
- Haiku Study Group - 12/10/2016
- John Cleese and “The Holy Grail” - 12/10/2016
- Jingle Bell Bash to benefit Ronald McDonald House of Akron - 12/10/2016