Metro Parks recognizes 50-year Fall Hiking Spree hikers
|Photo courtesy of Metro Parks, Serving Summit County|
The park district recognized the 12 residents, shown above, with a group photo at the F.A. Seiberling Nature Realm Nov. 25.
The 50-year hikers include George Figel, Frank and Amy Mitch, Jennie Pier, Mildred Poole and Neva Ucker, all of Akron; Nancy Grof, of Barberton; Eileene Ball, of Clinton; Bill Barnes, of Copley; Joan Haby and Alice Ryne, of Cuyahoga Falls; and Bert Szabo, of Munroe Falls.
According to Metro Parks officials, the three-month spree was started in 1964 to encourage residents to explore Summit County’s Metro Parks. This year only, the park district is allowing visitors to earn spree credit on the trails through Dec. 15.
For more information or hiking forms, visit www.summitmetroparks.org. Forms can be redeemed through March 31.
More Sports News
- Trapshooting youth win state, national awards
- STVM girls tennis team seeing strong start to season
- Highland girls tennis team working hard to improve
- Project RISE participants attend Akron Racers game
- North American All Stars win Dana Cup
- Huth Foundation golf benefit raises funds for Project REBUILD
- Dedication paying off for Green girls tennis team
- Green girls volleyball team aiming for winning season
- Coventry U12 Indians end season as champions
Calendar of Events
- Yoga and Mimosa; Yoga and Wine - 8/29/2016
- Hearing Loss Support Group - 8/29/2016
- How to Read Sheet Music - 8/29/2016
- GriefCare Place - 8/30/2016
- Wine and Genes Symposium - 8/30/2016