Metro Parks recognizes 50-year Fall Hiking Spree hikers
|Photo courtesy of Metro Parks, Serving Summit County|
The park district recognized the 12 residents, shown above, with a group photo at the F.A. Seiberling Nature Realm Nov. 25.
The 50-year hikers include George Figel, Frank and Amy Mitch, Jennie Pier, Mildred Poole and Neva Ucker, all of Akron; Nancy Grof, of Barberton; Eileene Ball, of Clinton; Bill Barnes, of Copley; Joan Haby and Alice Ryne, of Cuyahoga Falls; and Bert Szabo, of Munroe Falls.
According to Metro Parks officials, the three-month spree was started in 1964 to encourage residents to explore Summit County’s Metro Parks. This year only, the park district is allowing visitors to earn spree credit on the trails through Dec. 15.
For more information or hiking forms, visit www.summitmetroparks.org. Forms can be redeemed through March 31.
More Sports News
- Strong offense leads Woodridge to win
- Revere boys soccer team looking to defend state title
- Coach pleased with progress made by Revere girls tennis team
- Cleveland Futbol Club U14 team wins championship
- West Side Scoreboard
- Green girls soccer program building toward sustained success
- Springfield boys golf team finishes strong in PTC
- South Side Scoreboard
- Kick for the Cure raises record-breaking amount for charities
- Green mini majorettes cap clinic with performance
- Runners get in Halloween spirit
Calendar of Events
- A New Beginning - 10/22/2014
- Bastille - 10/22/2014
- Weekday Walkers - 10/22/2014
- Wine and Canvas Painting Class - 10/22/2014
- “Godzilla” - 10/23/2014