Metro Parks recognizes 50-year Fall Hiking Spree hikers
|Photo courtesy of Metro Parks, Serving Summit County|
The park district recognized the 12 residents, shown above, with a group photo at the F.A. Seiberling Nature Realm Nov. 25.
The 50-year hikers include George Figel, Frank and Amy Mitch, Jennie Pier, Mildred Poole and Neva Ucker, all of Akron; Nancy Grof, of Barberton; Eileene Ball, of Clinton; Bill Barnes, of Copley; Joan Haby and Alice Ryne, of Cuyahoga Falls; and Bert Szabo, of Munroe Falls.
According to Metro Parks officials, the three-month spree was started in 1964 to encourage residents to explore Summit County’s Metro Parks. This year only, the park district is allowing visitors to earn spree credit on the trails through Dec. 15.
For more information or hiking forms, visit www.summitmetroparks.org. Forms can be redeemed through March 31.
More Sports News
- Hoban ends STVM’s season in regional final
- Copley football team ends season as league champs
- STVM girls cross country team finishes strong at state meet
- West Side Scoreboard
- Copley-Fairlawn youth football team regular season champs
- Green football coach optimistic about team’s returning core
- Green cross country teams make mark in Federal League debut
- South Side Scoreboard
Calendar of Events
- Ballroom Nights - 11/27/2015
- Black Friday Music Party - 11/27/2015
- Author Fran Wilde - 11/28/2015
- “Nutcracker” - 11/28/2015
- American Indians of Sand Run - 11/28/2015