Metro Parks recognizes 50-year Fall Hiking Spree hikers
|Photo courtesy of Metro Parks, Serving Summit County|
The park district recognized the 12 residents, shown above, with a group photo at the F.A. Seiberling Nature Realm Nov. 25.
The 50-year hikers include George Figel, Frank and Amy Mitch, Jennie Pier, Mildred Poole and Neva Ucker, all of Akron; Nancy Grof, of Barberton; Eileene Ball, of Clinton; Bill Barnes, of Copley; Joan Haby and Alice Ryne, of Cuyahoga Falls; and Bert Szabo, of Munroe Falls.
According to Metro Parks officials, the three-month spree was started in 1964 to encourage residents to explore Summit County’s Metro Parks. This year only, the park district is allowing visitors to earn spree credit on the trails through Dec. 15.
For more information or hiking forms, visit www.summitmetroparks.org. Forms can be redeemed through March 31.
More Sports News
- Inaugural Holly Run raises funds for cancer charity
- Copley wrestling team off to strong start
- West Side Scoreboard
- Woodridge girls basketball team competing for conference crown
- Green boys swim team looking to maintain improvement
- Manchester girls basketball team out to fast start
- Coventry athlete signs letter of intent
- South Side Scoreboard
Calendar of Events
- Celebrate the Season - 12/19/2014
- Movie Matinee - 12/19/2014
- Tales for Tots - 12/19/2014
- Holiday Open House - 12/20/2014
- Wildlife and Wood Workshop: Bird Feeder - 12/20/2014