Metro Parks recognizes 50-year Fall Hiking Spree hikers
|Photo courtesy of Metro Parks, Serving Summit County|
The park district recognized the 12 residents, shown above, with a group photo at the F.A. Seiberling Nature Realm Nov. 25.
The 50-year hikers include George Figel, Frank and Amy Mitch, Jennie Pier, Mildred Poole and Neva Ucker, all of Akron; Nancy Grof, of Barberton; Eileene Ball, of Clinton; Bill Barnes, of Copley; Joan Haby and Alice Ryne, of Cuyahoga Falls; and Bert Szabo, of Munroe Falls.
According to Metro Parks officials, the three-month spree was started in 1964 to encourage residents to explore Summit County’s Metro Parks. This year only, the park district is allowing visitors to earn spree credit on the trails through Dec. 15.
For more information or hiking forms, visit www.summitmetroparks.org. Forms can be redeemed through March 31.
More Sports News
- JCC pool opens with a splash
- Revere baseball looking to build on momentum from last season
- First-year coach looking to lead young Firestone baseball team to success
- PowerHouse gymnastics excel
- STVM CYO teams wins tourney
- Copley team declared champs
- Manchester softball team looking for deep postseason run
- Pitching primary strength for Springfield baseball team
Calendar of Events
- Brass Band of the Western Reserve - 3/28/2015
- Basket Weaving 101: Easter Basket - 3/28/2015
- Hubb’s Groove - 3/28/2015
- Tall Heights and Darlingside - 3/28/2015
- Stone Soul Ball with Relatively Jammin’ Blues Band - 3/28/2015