Metro Parks recognizes 50-year Fall Hiking Spree hikers
|Photo courtesy of Metro Parks, Serving Summit County|
The park district recognized the 12 residents, shown above, with a group photo at the F.A. Seiberling Nature Realm Nov. 25.
The 50-year hikers include George Figel, Frank and Amy Mitch, Jennie Pier, Mildred Poole and Neva Ucker, all of Akron; Nancy Grof, of Barberton; Eileene Ball, of Clinton; Bill Barnes, of Copley; Joan Haby and Alice Ryne, of Cuyahoga Falls; and Bert Szabo, of Munroe Falls.
According to Metro Parks officials, the three-month spree was started in 1964 to encourage residents to explore Summit County’s Metro Parks. This year only, the park district is allowing visitors to earn spree credit on the trails through Dec. 15.
For more information or hiking forms, visit www.summitmetroparks.org. Forms can be redeemed through March 31.
More Sports News
- Hoban continues postseason with win over Coventry
- Copley girls basketball team ready for playoff run
- CVCA hockey turnaround includes school’s first-ever Baron Cup
- Sixth annual Battle of the Badges to benefit Falls Cancer Club
- Hoban defeats Coventry in sectional semifinal
- Manchester boys basketball hoping win streak continues
- Springfield boys bowling team targeting return to state tourney
Calendar of Events
- Films by Jerome Hiler and Gov Hai - 2/25/2017
- Norton Kiwanis Chili Cook Off - 2/25/2017
- New Directions - 2/25/2017
- Cooking With Lemons - 2/25/2017
- Air Plant Wreath Workshop with Mimosas; Terrarium and Succulent Bowl Workshop with Wine - 2/25/2017