Metro Parks recognizes 50-year Fall Hiking Spree hikers
|Photo courtesy of Metro Parks, Serving Summit County|
The park district recognized the 12 residents, shown above, with a group photo at the F.A. Seiberling Nature Realm Nov. 25.
The 50-year hikers include George Figel, Frank and Amy Mitch, Jennie Pier, Mildred Poole and Neva Ucker, all of Akron; Nancy Grof, of Barberton; Eileene Ball, of Clinton; Bill Barnes, of Copley; Joan Haby and Alice Ryne, of Cuyahoga Falls; and Bert Szabo, of Munroe Falls.
According to Metro Parks officials, the three-month spree was started in 1964 to encourage residents to explore Summit County’s Metro Parks. This year only, the park district is allowing visitors to earn spree credit on the trails through Dec. 15.
For more information or hiking forms, visit www.summitmetroparks.org. Forms can be redeemed through March 31.
More Sports News
- Copley boys, girls soccer teams win district titles
- Firestone swim marathon kicking off Nov. 1
- Highland volleyball team ends season on strong note
- Copley football team looking to clinch winning season
- West Side Scoreboard
- Copley teams face off in championshipq
- Revere team wins league, tournament titles
- Chippewa Youth Trapshooting Club celebrating 10 years
- Copley travel team ends successful season
- Cleveland Futbol Club U12 team wins third straight state cup title
- Green boys cross country team sending two runners to state
- Green girls cross country team headed to state meet
- Coventry girls soccer team scores successful season
- South Side Scoreboard
Calendar of Events
- “Virtues and Vices” to benefit Child Guidance and Family Solutions - 11/1/2014
- Neos Dance Theatre’s “Count: The Legend of Dracula” - 11/1/2014
- Basket Weaving 101: Pumpkin Basket - 11/1/2014
- Learn and Do Safety Fair - 11/1/2014
- Composting - 11/1/2014