G.P.A. Turkey Trot raises funds for scholarships
|Photos: Krista Galloway|
The Turkey Trot drew a total of 686 participants, according to G.P.A. officials. Pictured at top right are some of them with Christopher Meager, of Green, in the turkey suit leading the 1-mile fun run. Meager co-founded the G.P.A. and is currently the group’s secretary, according to the organization.
Shown above are participants in the 5K race starting off from the Green Central Administration Building.
The top three male winners in the 5K race, shown at middle right, from left, included: second place, Stewart Schmidt, 15, of Green; third, Zach Pollock, 20, of Green; and first, Matt Davis, 18, of Norton.
Pictured at bottom right is 5K first-place female winner Alyssa Thomas, 15, of Green, with Kyle Hower, 16, both of whom are on the Green High School track and cross country teams.
For more information on race results, visit www.ohiochallengeseries.com.
For more information on the G.P.A., visit www.green-professionals-association.org.
—By Maria Lindsay
More Sports News
- STVM wins first playoff game against North
- Copley wrestling coach says team ‘peaking right now’
- Revere wrestling team aiming for strong showing at sectionals
- Highland team captures league title
- Copley travel team victorious over Norton
- Revere team wins tournament
- West Side Scoreboard
- Green boys swim team aiming for strong showing at state
- Green girls swim team looking to finish season strong
- South Side Scoreboard
- Green wrestling team places second at meet
Calendar of Events
- The Nile and African Identity - 3/2/2015
- American Sewing Guild Fairlawn Group - 3/3/2015
- Civic Engagement and Managing Water Resources in Northeast Ohio and Globally - 3/3/2015
- The Nile Project: Interactive Performance & Capstone Concert - 3/3/2015
- Ohio and Erie Canal: A Timeline - 3/4/2015