G.P.A. Turkey Trot raises funds for scholarships
|Photos: Krista Galloway|
The Turkey Trot drew a total of 686 participants, according to G.P.A. officials. Pictured at top right are some of them with Christopher Meager, of Green, in the turkey suit leading the 1-mile fun run. Meager co-founded the G.P.A. and is currently the group’s secretary, according to the organization.
Shown above are participants in the 5K race starting off from the Green Central Administration Building.
The top three male winners in the 5K race, shown at middle right, from left, included: second place, Stewart Schmidt, 15, of Green; third, Zach Pollock, 20, of Green; and first, Matt Davis, 18, of Norton.
Pictured at bottom right is 5K first-place female winner Alyssa Thomas, 15, of Green, with Kyle Hower, 16, both of whom are on the Green High School track and cross country teams.
For more information on race results, visit www.ohiochallengeseries.com.
For more information on the G.P.A., visit www.green-professionals-association.org.
—By Maria Lindsay
More Sports News
- Walsh boys basketball team defeats Hoban
- Medina gymnasts excel at meet
- Revere girls basketball team taking ‘different path’ to reach goals
- Walsh girls basketball team looking forward to postseason challenges
- West Side Scoreboard
- Woodridge wrestling coach pleasantly surprised by team’s effort
- Manchester wrestling team gearing up for league meet
- Green boys basketball team adjusting to Federal League
- South Side Scoreboard
Calendar of Events
- Birds in Your Backyard - 2/6/2016
- Garden Design for the Modern Family - 2/6/2016
- Getting “On Time” With Your Life - 2/6/2016
- Seasonal Containers - 2/6/2016
- Wine Bottle Succulent Workshop - 2/6/2016