G.P.A. Turkey Trot raises funds for scholarships
|Photos: Krista Galloway|
The Turkey Trot drew a total of 686 participants, according to G.P.A. officials. Pictured at top right are some of them with Christopher Meager, of Green, in the turkey suit leading the 1-mile fun run. Meager co-founded the G.P.A. and is currently the group’s secretary, according to the organization.
Shown above are participants in the 5K race starting off from the Green Central Administration Building.
The top three male winners in the 5K race, shown at middle right, from left, included: second place, Stewart Schmidt, 15, of Green; third, Zach Pollock, 20, of Green; and first, Matt Davis, 18, of Norton.
Pictured at bottom right is 5K first-place female winner Alyssa Thomas, 15, of Green, with Kyle Hower, 16, both of whom are on the Green High School track and cross country teams.
For more information on race results, visit www.ohiochallengeseries.com.
For more information on the G.P.A., visit www.green-professionals-association.org.
—By Maria Lindsay
More Sports News
- Inaugural Holly Run raises funds for cancer charity
- Copley wrestling team off to strong start
- West Side Scoreboard
- Woodridge girls basketball team competing for conference crown
- Green boys swim team looking to maintain improvement
- Manchester girls basketball team out to fast start
- Coventry athlete signs letter of intent
- South Side Scoreboard
Calendar of Events
- Crooked River Walk - 12/21/2014
- “A Christmas Carol” - 12/21/2014
- Winter White Out - 12/21/2014
- Puppet Show: Holiday Happenings - 12/21/2014
- Johnny and the Apple Stompers and Ed Caner - 12/21/2014