G.P.A. Turkey Trot raises funds for scholarships
|Photos: Krista Galloway|
The Turkey Trot drew a total of 686 participants, according to G.P.A. officials. Pictured at top right are some of them with Christopher Meager, of Green, in the turkey suit leading the 1-mile fun run. Meager co-founded the G.P.A. and is currently the group’s secretary, according to the organization.
Shown above are participants in the 5K race starting off from the Green Central Administration Building.
The top three male winners in the 5K race, shown at middle right, from left, included: second place, Stewart Schmidt, 15, of Green; third, Zach Pollock, 20, of Green; and first, Matt Davis, 18, of Norton.
Pictured at bottom right is 5K first-place female winner Alyssa Thomas, 15, of Green, with Kyle Hower, 16, both of whom are on the Green High School track and cross country teams.
For more information on race results, visit www.ohiochallengeseries.com.
For more information on the G.P.A., visit www.green-professionals-association.org.
—By Maria Lindsay
More Sports News
- Hits give RubberDucks opening day victory
- Revere boys tennis team working toward league title this season
- West Side Cause for Celebration - Sports
- Upperclassmen leading Highland boys tennis team to success
- West Side Scoreboard
- Green boys track team looking for young athletes to step up
- Newcomers to Manchester boys tennis team working to improve
- South Side Scoreboard
Calendar of Events
- Figure Drawing and Painting with Model - 4/21/2015
- Teen Program: Youíre a Poet and You Didnít Know It - 4/22/2015
- Steve Cipriano - 4/22/2015
- University of Akron Concert Band - 4/22/2015
- Feeding Time: ages 5 and older - 4/22/2015