STVM wins second consecutive state football championship
|Photos: Dale Dong|
The undefeated Fighting Irish (15-0) blew out Trotwood-Madison High School (13-2) Dec. 5 by a score of 24-0 at Massillon Paul Brown Tiger Stadium.
Shown above are STVM team members with their trophy after the win.
STVM’s Evan Cunningham (No. 15), shown at right top at right, kicked a 36-yard field goal in the first quarter to give the Fighting Irish a 3-0 lead.
STVM’s Newman Williams rushed for two touchdowns during the game. Williams (No. 34) is shown at right middle on a touchdown run in the third quarter.
Also scoring for STVM was Vince Lockett, who scored in the fourth quarter with a 1-yard touchdown.
Shown at right bottom is STVM running back Parris Campbell Jr. (No. 21) eluding tackle.
The win marks the seventh state title for the school, according to STVM officials. Other wins came in 1961, 1972, 1981, 1982, 1988 and 2012.
For complete statistics of the game, visit the Ohio High School Athletic Association website at www.ohsaa.org.
— By Kathleen Collins
More Sports News
- Annual swim meet honors local swimmer
- Hoban girls soccer team claims first state championship
- Towpath team places fifth at USTA National Championships
- Highland boys cross country ends successful season
- Walsh hosts American Cancer Society fundraiser
- Summit Athletic Running Club donates to Falls Cancer Club
- Revere U11 team wins championship
- West Side Scoreboard
- Manchester football team ends season on strong run
- Springfield girls cross country showed ‘incredible’ improvement
- South Side Scoreboard
Calendar of Events
- Jon Mosey - 11/25/2015
- Joseph Arthur - 11/25/2015
- Food Addicts in Recovery Anonymous - 11/26/2015
- Ballroom Nights - 11/27/2015
- Black Friday Music Party - 11/27/2015