Area runners take cold in stride for Portage Lakes event
|Photos: Scott Horstman|
Among the participants supporting the event was Bath resident Chady Hall, who is pictured at right with her dog Hallsey taking a warm-up jog before the start of the race.
Others taking part in the event are shown above.
Proceeds from the event will benefit the Coventry Schools Foundation for teacher projects and supplies for teachers in the Coventry Local School District, as well as scholarships for students.
Prizes were awarded for both running and walking divisions.
For walk and race results, visit ohio challengeseries.com and click on the “Between the Lakes 5K Run/Walk.”
— By Maria Lindsay
More Sports News
- Firestone swimmers celebrate seniors at last home meet
- West Side Scoreboard
- Woodridge girls basketball team improving ‘in every aspect’
- Copley boys basketball team looking to maintain undefeated season
- Chili Open golfers warm up for spring
- Manchester girls basketball coach looking forward to playoffs
- Walsh girls basketball team ready for postseason challenges
- South Side Scoreboard
Calendar of Events
- Sunday Funday Ballroom Dance - 2/14/2016
- Natural Discoveries Hiking Series: Soup for the Bird Lover’s Soul - 2/14/2016
- Love is in the Air Hike - 2/14/2016
- ConFunkShun - 2/14/2016
- Movie Matinee: “Minions” - 2/15/2016