Area runners take cold in stride for Portage Lakes event
|Photos: Scott Horstman|
Among the participants supporting the event was Bath resident Chady Hall, who is pictured at right with her dog Hallsey taking a warm-up jog before the start of the race.
Others taking part in the event are shown above.
Proceeds from the event will benefit the Coventry Schools Foundation for teacher projects and supplies for teachers in the Coventry Local School District, as well as scholarships for students.
Prizes were awarded for both running and walking divisions.
For walk and race results, visit ohio challengeseries.com and click on the “Between the Lakes 5K Run/Walk.”
— By Maria Lindsay
More Sports News
- Summit Metro Parks’ Spree For All beginning May 1
- Medina gymnasts place at meet
- Trip to Ireland paying off for Highland rugby team
- Revere boys tennis coach pleased with team’s progress
- Revere sixth-grade girls travel basketball team wins league
- Green softball coach says ‘sky is limit’ for team
- Hitting key for Manchester softball team
Calendar of Events
- Great Lakes Great Maines Club Cat Show - 4/30/2017
- Food Addicts in Recovery Anonymous - 4/30/2017
- Scrabble Club - 4/30/2017
- Figure and Form: Intimate Studies - 5/2/2017
- Memory Fitness: Keep Your Mind Sharp - 5/2/2017