Area runners take cold in stride for Portage Lakes event
|Photos: Scott Horstman|
Among the participants supporting the event was Bath resident Chady Hall, who is pictured at right with her dog Hallsey taking a warm-up jog before the start of the race.
Others taking part in the event are shown above.
Proceeds from the event will benefit the Coventry Schools Foundation for teacher projects and supplies for teachers in the Coventry Local School District, as well as scholarships for students.
Prizes were awarded for both running and walking divisions.
For walk and race results, visit ohio challengeseries.com and click on the “Between the Lakes 5K Run/Walk.”
— By Maria Lindsay
More Sports News
- Strong offense leads Woodridge to win
- Revere boys soccer team looking to defend state title
- Coach pleased with progress made by Revere girls tennis team
- Cleveland Futbol Club U14 team wins championship
- West Side Scoreboard
- Green girls soccer program building toward sustained success
- Springfield boys golf team finishes strong in PTC
- South Side Scoreboard
- Kick for the Cure raises record-breaking amount for charities
- Green mini majorettes cap clinic with performance
- Runners get in Halloween spirit
Calendar of Events
- A New Beginning - 10/22/2014
- Bastille - 10/22/2014
- Weekday Walkers - 10/22/2014
- Wine and Canvas Painting Class - 10/22/2014
- “Godzilla” - 10/23/2014