Area runners take cold in stride for Portage Lakes event
|Photos: Scott Horstman|
Among the participants supporting the event was Bath resident Chady Hall, who is pictured at right with her dog Hallsey taking a warm-up jog before the start of the race.
Others taking part in the event are shown above.
Proceeds from the event will benefit the Coventry Schools Foundation for teacher projects and supplies for teachers in the Coventry Local School District, as well as scholarships for students.
Prizes were awarded for both running and walking divisions.
For walk and race results, visit ohio challengeseries.com and click on the “Between the Lakes 5K Run/Walk.”
— By Maria Lindsay
More Sports News
- Hoban football team looking to defend state title
- Woodridge football ends successful season with league title
- Copley Athletic Hall of Fame’s Class of 2016 to be honored
- Combined St. Hilary, St. Joseph football team wins award
- Green boys swim team targeting return visit to state
- Schrop students run for fun
Calendar of Events
- Owl Prowl - 12/2/2016
- Helen Welch Trio; Jan Rookard and Ray McCall - 12/3/2016
- Glass Fusing: Make a Tiny Bowl - 12/3/2016
- Illusion Factory’s “How the Grinch Stole Christmas” - 12/3/2016
- Mind Your Own Beeswax Workshop - 12/3/2016