Revere boys soccer team hosts clinic to benefit Toys for Tots
|Photo courtesy of John Rorabaugh|
Members of the state championship Revere varsity soccer team, junior varsity soccer team and their coaches led three free one-hour clinics in the Hillcrest Elementary School gym.
Each of the participants — kindergarten through eighth-grade students — donated a new unwrapped toy and, in return, received soccer instruction, according to event officials.
The soccer team collected six bins of toys to assist the Summit County Toys for Tots program through community member Karen Hernandez, according to event officials. Those, along with 60 new soccer balls provided by NC Soccer Club, of Hudson, and the Revere Soccer Club, were donated to the Toys for Tots program, which provides Christmas toys to Summit County children in need.
Shown above are students and coaches with the donations.
More Sports News
- Walsh reclaims bell with victory over STVM
- Woodridge boys cross country team targeting postseason run
- Woodridge girls cross country team aiming for success
- Westfield Bank sponsors Cuyahoga Falls Little League North Baseball Complex
- West Side Scoreboard
- Springfield cross country celebrating new home course
- Springfield boys cross country coach seeing improvement
- Norton team first in division
- South Side Scoreboard
Calendar of Events
- Highland Book Club: “Wonder” by R.J. Palacio - 9/18/2014
- Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation Support Group - 9/18/2014
- Stewart’s Caring Place: A Cancer Wellness Center Events - 9/18/2014
- “The Lady Eve” - 9/18/2014
- Are You Ready for Social Security? - 9/18/2014