Revere boys soccer team hosts clinic to benefit Toys for Tots
|Photo courtesy of John Rorabaugh|
Members of the state championship Revere varsity soccer team, junior varsity soccer team and their coaches led three free one-hour clinics in the Hillcrest Elementary School gym.
Each of the participants — kindergarten through eighth-grade students — donated a new unwrapped toy and, in return, received soccer instruction, according to event officials.
The soccer team collected six bins of toys to assist the Summit County Toys for Tots program through community member Karen Hernandez, according to event officials. Those, along with 60 new soccer balls provided by NC Soccer Club, of Hudson, and the Revere Soccer Club, were donated to the Toys for Tots program, which provides Christmas toys to Summit County children in need.
Shown above are students and coaches with the donations.
More Sports News
- Hoban wins second consecutive state football title
- Walsh girls soccer team adds to winning culture with 10th state title
- West Side Saints win CYO championship
- Warriors, Bulldogs in spotlight following state wins
- Towpath men’s team finishes fourth at nationals
- Walsh girls soccer team adds 10th state championship
- Green girls swim team looking to join league’s ‘upper tier’
- Parks offer winter activities
Calendar of Events
- Akron Symphony: Home for the Holidays - 12/9/2016
- Nuance - 12/9/2016
- University of Akron Graduate String Quartet - 12/9/2016
- “America’s Got Talent” - 12/10/2016
- Dynamics Community Theater’s “Miracle on 34th Street” - 12/10/2016