Copley Athletic Hall of Fame inducts new members
|Photos: Scott Horstman|
The inductees were first honored at halftime of the Dec. 20 home Copley boys basketball game against Wadsworth High School. A ceremonial banquet took place Dec. 21 at the DoubleTree Akron/Fairlawn.
The 10 new Hall of Fame inductees include: David Antal, Barb Simmons Arison, Anthony Fullum, Bob Henderson, Emily Jones, Dave Kemp, Dale Osborn, Wiley Patton, Tom Ruebel and Joe Subotin. They are shown above with their escorts at halftime.
The Indians also defeated Wadsworth in overtime 70-68 as Copley’s Daniel Ester made the game-winning shot at the buzzer to give Copley the win.
Indian Brandon Chillious (No. 24) is shown at right middle, at center right, taking a shot while fellow Indian Todd Williams (No. 11) looks on. Chillious led Copley with 21 points. He was followed by Connor Huth (No. 20), shown at right top, who scored 17 points.
Shown at right bottom is Copley’s Larry Spear (No. 3) looking to pass to an open teammate.
Copley next will play Northwest High School Dec. 28 at 7:30 p.m. at Northwest.
— By Kathleen Collins
More Sports News
- New boating launch point available in Cuyahoga Falls
- Annual charity volleyball tournament benefiting Falls family
- Copley U12 team wins championship
- G League teams end season as winners
- Copley Elite U12 softball team wins championship
- Preparations underway for 10th annual Kick for the Cure
- Safety stressed when fishing, boating in Portage Lakes
Calendar of Events
- Tower of Power with Get On Up - 7/30/2016
- Zentangle Club - 7/30/2016
- Turtle/Tortoise Races: ages 5 and up with adult - 7/30/2016
- Heinz Poll Summer Dance Festival: Verb Ballets - 7/30/2016
- Survivor Family - 7/30/2016