Copley Athletic Hall of Fame inducts new members
|Photos: Scott Horstman|
The inductees were first honored at halftime of the Dec. 20 home Copley boys basketball game against Wadsworth High School. A ceremonial banquet took place Dec. 21 at the DoubleTree Akron/Fairlawn.
The 10 new Hall of Fame inductees include: David Antal, Barb Simmons Arison, Anthony Fullum, Bob Henderson, Emily Jones, Dave Kemp, Dale Osborn, Wiley Patton, Tom Ruebel and Joe Subotin. They are shown above with their escorts at halftime.
The Indians also defeated Wadsworth in overtime 70-68 as Copley’s Daniel Ester made the game-winning shot at the buzzer to give Copley the win.
Indian Brandon Chillious (No. 24) is shown at right middle, at center right, taking a shot while fellow Indian Todd Williams (No. 11) looks on. Chillious led Copley with 21 points. He was followed by Connor Huth (No. 20), shown at right top, who scored 17 points.
Shown at right bottom is Copley’s Larry Spear (No. 3) looking to pass to an open teammate.
Copley next will play Northwest High School Dec. 28 at 7:30 p.m. at Northwest.
— By Kathleen Collins
More Sports News
- Trapshooting youth win state, national awards
- STVM girls tennis team seeing strong start to season
- Highland girls tennis team working hard to improve
- Project RISE participants attend Akron Racers game
- North American All Stars win Dana Cup
- Huth Foundation golf benefit raises funds for Project REBUILD
- Dedication paying off for Green girls tennis team
- Green girls volleyball team aiming for winning season
- Coventry U12 Indians end season as champions
Calendar of Events
- Yoga and Mimosa; Yoga and Wine - 8/29/2016
- Hearing Loss Support Group - 8/29/2016
- How to Read Sheet Music - 8/29/2016
- GriefCare Place - 8/30/2016
- Wine and Genes Symposium - 8/30/2016