Copley Athletic Hall of Fame inducts new members
|Photos: Scott Horstman|
The inductees were first honored at halftime of the Dec. 20 home Copley boys basketball game against Wadsworth High School. A ceremonial banquet took place Dec. 21 at the DoubleTree Akron/Fairlawn.
The 10 new Hall of Fame inductees include: David Antal, Barb Simmons Arison, Anthony Fullum, Bob Henderson, Emily Jones, Dave Kemp, Dale Osborn, Wiley Patton, Tom Ruebel and Joe Subotin. They are shown above with their escorts at halftime.
The Indians also defeated Wadsworth in overtime 70-68 as Copley’s Daniel Ester made the game-winning shot at the buzzer to give Copley the win.
Indian Brandon Chillious (No. 24) is shown at right middle, at center right, taking a shot while fellow Indian Todd Williams (No. 11) looks on. Chillious led Copley with 21 points. He was followed by Connor Huth (No. 20), shown at right top, who scored 17 points.
Shown at right bottom is Copley’s Larry Spear (No. 3) looking to pass to an open teammate.
Copley next will play Northwest High School Dec. 28 at 7:30 p.m. at Northwest.
— By Kathleen Collins
More Sports News
- Hoban continues postseason with win over Coventry
- Copley girls basketball team ready for playoff run
- CVCA hockey turnaround includes school’s first-ever Baron Cup
- Sixth annual Battle of the Badges to benefit Falls Cancer Club
- Hoban defeats Coventry in sectional semifinal
- Manchester boys basketball hoping win streak continues
- Springfield boys bowling team targeting return to state tourney
Calendar of Events
- Films by Jerome Hiler and Gov Hai - 2/25/2017
- Norton Kiwanis Chili Cook Off - 2/25/2017
- New Directions - 2/25/2017
- Cooking With Lemons - 2/25/2017
- Air Plant Wreath Workshop with Mimosas; Terrarium and Succulent Bowl Workshop with Wine - 2/25/2017