Copley Athletic Hall of Fame inducts new members
|Photos: Scott Horstman|
The inductees were first honored at halftime of the Dec. 20 home Copley boys basketball game against Wadsworth High School. A ceremonial banquet took place Dec. 21 at the DoubleTree Akron/Fairlawn.
The 10 new Hall of Fame inductees include: David Antal, Barb Simmons Arison, Anthony Fullum, Bob Henderson, Emily Jones, Dave Kemp, Dale Osborn, Wiley Patton, Tom Ruebel and Joe Subotin. They are shown above with their escorts at halftime.
The Indians also defeated Wadsworth in overtime 70-68 as Copley’s Daniel Ester made the game-winning shot at the buzzer to give Copley the win.
Indian Brandon Chillious (No. 24) is shown at right middle, at center right, taking a shot while fellow Indian Todd Williams (No. 11) looks on. Chillious led Copley with 21 points. He was followed by Connor Huth (No. 20), shown at right top, who scored 17 points.
Shown at right bottom is Copley’s Larry Spear (No. 3) looking to pass to an open teammate.
Copley next will play Northwest High School Dec. 28 at 7:30 p.m. at Northwest.
— By Kathleen Collins
More Sports News
- Area residents named to local baseball hall of fame
- Copley-Fairlawn Kiwanis Club hosting pregame dinner
- Copley girls soccer team looking to finish season strong
- Firestone girls soccer team showing weekly improvement
- Norton team places first in U14 division
- West Side Scoreboard
- Green girls volleyball team improving through defense
- Coventry girls volleyball team aiming for winning record
- South Side Scoreboard
Calendar of Events
- PAWS for Reading with service dog Molly - 10/1/2014
- The Wiggles - 10/1/2014
- Cajun Dinner and Concert with Steve Riley & the Mamou Playboys - 10/1/2014
- “Shane” - 10/2/2014
- Putting Your Garden to Bed - 10/2/2014