Copley Athletic Hall of Fame inducts new members
|Photos: Scott Horstman|
The inductees were first honored at halftime of the Dec. 20 home Copley boys basketball game against Wadsworth High School. A ceremonial banquet took place Dec. 21 at the DoubleTree Akron/Fairlawn.
The 10 new Hall of Fame inductees include: David Antal, Barb Simmons Arison, Anthony Fullum, Bob Henderson, Emily Jones, Dave Kemp, Dale Osborn, Wiley Patton, Tom Ruebel and Joe Subotin. They are shown above with their escorts at halftime.
The Indians also defeated Wadsworth in overtime 70-68 as Copley’s Daniel Ester made the game-winning shot at the buzzer to give Copley the win.
Indian Brandon Chillious (No. 24) is shown at right middle, at center right, taking a shot while fellow Indian Todd Williams (No. 11) looks on. Chillious led Copley with 21 points. He was followed by Connor Huth (No. 20), shown at right top, who scored 17 points.
Shown at right bottom is Copley’s Larry Spear (No. 3) looking to pass to an open teammate.
Copley next will play Northwest High School Dec. 28 at 7:30 p.m. at Northwest.
— By Kathleen Collins
More Sports News
- Woodridge seeing success in playoffs
- St. Sebastian Booster Club hosts basketball tournament
- Woodridge baseball team earns third consecutive league title
- West Side Scoreboard
- Woodridge boys track ends season with perfect league record
- Copley fourth-grade team wins championship
- Granger Challenge raises over $14,000
- Strong pitching leads Springfield baseball team to wins
- Green softball team earns first-place tie in Suburban League
- New playground unveiled at Uniontown Community Park
- South Side Scoreboard
Calendar of Events
- Boogie Woogie Books - 5/26/2015
- A New Beginning - 5/27/2015
- Feeding Time: ages 5 and older - 5/27/2015
- Anime Club - 5/27/2015
- Summer Volunteer Orientation: ages 12-18 - 5/27/2015