Akron Zoo hosting 27th annual Snow Bowl next month
|Shown is one of the Akron Zoo’s snow leopards. Snow Bowl, which will take place Feb. 8 at Stonehedge Family Fun Center, will benefit the zoo’s animals.|
|Photo courtesy of the Akron Zoo|
Snow Bowl is a friendly, target-score bowling competition for local companies and organizations, according to zoo officials. Each five-person team predicts their score prior to the event. The closest team to their predicted score wins.
According to zoo officials, Snow Bowl will run from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., and teams can sign up for bowling times of noon, 2 and 4 p.m. The 10 a.m. shift is already sold out, according to zoo officials.
According to zoo officials, in its 26-year history, Snow Bowl has raised more than $750,000 for the Akron Zoo. Money raised goes to help support the zoo’s conservation and education programs and the feeding and care of all the zoo’s 700 animals, according to zoo officials.
The cost per team is $300 and includes three games of bowling, the company’s name at Stonehedge, shoe and ball rental and T-shirts for each member of the team.
According to zoo officials, different sponsorship levels for companies also are available. Levels range from the basic sponsorship at $300 up to $400. Different levels include incentives such as grand raffle tickets and zoo admission tickets, according to zoo officials.
The zoo also is currently selling tickets for its grand raffle, which will be drawn at the conclusion of the event. The winner does not have to be present to win. Prizes being raffled off by the zoo include a basketful of gift cards valued at $500, a $250 Visa gift card, a behind-the-scenes tour of the zoo’s newest exhibit, Mike & Mary Stark Grizzly Ridge, and more. Tickets are $5 each or six for $20 and can be purchased at the zoo or at Stonehedge during the event.
For more information on Snow Bowl, call the zoo at 330- 375-2550, ext. 7230.
The Akron Zoo, located at 500 Edgewwod Ave. in West Akron, is open 361 days a year. Winter hours are 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. daily, and admission is $7 per person, but free for children younger than 2. The parking fee is $2. For more information, visit www.akronzoo.org.
More Sports News
- JCC pool opens with a splash
- Revere baseball looking to build on momentum from last season
- First-year coach looking to lead young Firestone baseball team to success
- PowerHouse gymnastics excel
- STVM CYO teams wins tourney
- Copley team declared champs
- Manchester softball team looking for deep postseason run
- Pitching primary strength for Springfield baseball team
Calendar of Events
- Cabin Fever Reliever - 3/29/2015
- Movie Matinee - 3/30/2015
- Teen Program: String Art - 3/30/2015
- Spring Health and Wellness Series: Himalayan Singing Bowls - 3/30/2015
- University of Akron Symphony Orchestra with Ting-Wei Chang and Mario Buchanan - 3/31/2015