Firestone girls swim team victorious over Shaker Heights
The Lady Falcons defeated Shaker Heights’ girls team 113-71. For the boys, Shaker Heights defeated Firestone 121-49.
According to the Firestone swim team’s website, www.firestoneswimming.org, Firestone’s girls relay teams placed first in the 200-yard medley, the 200-yard freestyle and the 400-yard freestyle relays.
First-place finishes also were won by Firestone’s Clare Scantling in the 200-yard freestyle; Natalie O’Brien in the 200-yard individual medley (IM) and the 100-yard butterfly; Lauren Vegh in the 50-yard freestyle and in the 100-yard backstroke, Chelsea Noble in 1-meter diving; Shannon Cahalan in the 100-yard freestyle; Carly Chelovitz in the 500-yard freestyle; and Anne Scantling in the 100-yard breaststroke.
Shown at right bottom is O’Brien swimming the backstroke in the 200-yard IM.
Vegh is shown at right top during the 50-yard freestyle.
Firestone’s Alex Michael, shown below, placed first in the 200-yard freestyle.
Fellow Falcon Cameron Peachock placed first in the 500-yard freestyle. The Firestone boys relay team also won first in the 400-yard freestyle relay.
Shown above is Firestone’s Garrett Parker swimming the butterfly during the 200 IM.
For more results from the meet, visit the team’s website.
— By Kathleen Collins
Photos: Lew Stamp
More Sports News
- Hoban continues postseason with win over Coventry
- Copley girls basketball team ready for playoff run
- CVCA hockey turnaround includes school’s first-ever Baron Cup
- Sixth annual Battle of the Badges to benefit Falls Cancer Club
- Hoban defeats Coventry in sectional semifinal
- Manchester boys basketball hoping win streak continues
- Springfield boys bowling team targeting return to state tourney
Calendar of Events
- Scrabble Club - 2/26/2017
- Coffee With the Birds - 2/26/2017
- Food Addicts in Recovery Anonymous - 2/26/2017
- Parish Arts Concert Series: Singing Angels - 2/26/2017
- Yoga - 2/27/2017