Firestone girls swim team victorious over Shaker Heights
The Lady Falcons defeated Shaker Heights’ girls team 113-71. For the boys, Shaker Heights defeated Firestone 121-49.
According to the Firestone swim team’s website, www.firestoneswimming.org, Firestone’s girls relay teams placed first in the 200-yard medley, the 200-yard freestyle and the 400-yard freestyle relays.
First-place finishes also were won by Firestone’s Clare Scantling in the 200-yard freestyle; Natalie O’Brien in the 200-yard individual medley (IM) and the 100-yard butterfly; Lauren Vegh in the 50-yard freestyle and in the 100-yard backstroke, Chelsea Noble in 1-meter diving; Shannon Cahalan in the 100-yard freestyle; Carly Chelovitz in the 500-yard freestyle; and Anne Scantling in the 100-yard breaststroke.
Shown at right bottom is O’Brien swimming the backstroke in the 200-yard IM.
Vegh is shown at right top during the 50-yard freestyle.
Firestone’s Alex Michael, shown below, placed first in the 200-yard freestyle.
Fellow Falcon Cameron Peachock placed first in the 500-yard freestyle. The Firestone boys relay team also won first in the 400-yard freestyle relay.
Shown above is Firestone’s Garrett Parker swimming the butterfly during the 200 IM.
For more results from the meet, visit the team’s website.
— By Kathleen Collins
Photos: Lew Stamp
More Sports News
- Hoban football team looking to defend state title
- Woodridge football ends successful season with league title
- Copley Athletic Hall of Fame’s Class of 2016 to be honored
- Combined St. Hilary, St. Joseph football team wins award
- Green boys swim team targeting return visit to state
- Schrop students run for fun
Calendar of Events
- Gardening Through the Year: Wreath Making - 12/4/2016
- ”Nutcracker” - 12/4/2016
- University of Akron Choirs: ‘Tis the Season - 12/4/2016
- Dixieland Jazz Concert - 12/4/2016
- Crafty Mart Presents Cottage Mart - 12/4/2016