Winter warms up at Chili Open
Jim Halloran, of Olmsted Falls, who golfed with a group from Roetzel and Andress, is shown below as he takes a swing. Golfers enjoyed playing on one of four golf courses of nine holes created in the snow with hole distances from 65 to 125 yards. The course is shown at right.
After hitting the links, golfers were invited into the Banquet Hall at Hale Farm to warm up with Whitey’s chili and other treats. Shown above ready to serve are volunteers Lucy and Dave Downs, of Green, and Matt Dehnke, of Cuyahoga Falls. Participants also enjoyed raffles and card games.
For more information on the event, go to www.chiliopen.net.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
Photos: Krista Galloway
More Sports News
- Walsh boys basketball team defeats Hoban
- Medina gymnasts excel at meet
- Revere girls basketball team taking ‘different path’ to reach goals
- Walsh girls basketball team looking forward to postseason challenges
- West Side Scoreboard
- Woodridge wrestling coach pleasantly surprised by team’s effort
- Manchester wrestling team gearing up for league meet
- Green boys basketball team adjusting to Federal League
- South Side Scoreboard
Calendar of Events
- Tuesday Musical: Marina Piccinini and Andreas Haefliger - 2/9/2016
- Widows and Widowers Under 50 - 2/10/2016
- Downloading with OverDrive; eBook Downloading with Kindle Fire; Know Your Android Tablet - 2/10/2016
- Pinkalicious Party - 2/10/2016
- Lego Club: kindergarten through third grade - 2/10/2016