Winter warms up at Chili Open
Jim Halloran, of Olmsted Falls, who golfed with a group from Roetzel and Andress, is shown below as he takes a swing. Golfers enjoyed playing on one of four golf courses of nine holes created in the snow with hole distances from 65 to 125 yards. The course is shown at right.
After hitting the links, golfers were invited into the Banquet Hall at Hale Farm to warm up with Whitey’s chili and other treats. Shown above ready to serve are volunteers Lucy and Dave Downs, of Green, and Matt Dehnke, of Cuyahoga Falls. Participants also enjoyed raffles and card games.
For more information on the event, go to www.chiliopen.net.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
Photos: Krista Galloway
More Sports News
- Strong offense leads Woodridge to win
- Revere boys soccer team looking to defend state title
- Coach pleased with progress made by Revere girls tennis team
- Cleveland Futbol Club U14 team wins championship
- West Side Scoreboard
- Green girls soccer program building toward sustained success
- Springfield boys golf team finishes strong in PTC
- South Side Scoreboard
- Kick for the Cure raises record-breaking amount for charities
- Green mini majorettes cap clinic with performance
- Runners get in Halloween spirit
Calendar of Events
- Amazing World of Bats - 10/21/2014
- A New Beginning - 10/22/2014
- Bastille - 10/22/2014
- Weekday Walkers - 10/22/2014
- Wine and Canvas Painting Class - 10/22/2014