Winter warms up at Chili Open
Jim Halloran, of Olmsted Falls, who golfed with a group from Roetzel and Andress, is shown below as he takes a swing. Golfers enjoyed playing on one of four golf courses of nine holes created in the snow with hole distances from 65 to 125 yards. The course is shown at right.
After hitting the links, golfers were invited into the Banquet Hall at Hale Farm to warm up with Whitey’s chili and other treats. Shown above ready to serve are volunteers Lucy and Dave Downs, of Green, and Matt Dehnke, of Cuyahoga Falls. Participants also enjoyed raffles and card games.
For more information on the event, go to www.chiliopen.net.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
Photos: Krista Galloway
More Sports News
- Woodridge seeing success in playoffs
- St. Sebastian Booster Club hosts basketball tournament
- Woodridge baseball team earns third consecutive league title
- West Side Scoreboard
- Woodridge boys track ends season with perfect league record
- Copley fourth-grade team wins championship
- Granger Challenge raises over $14,000
- Strong pitching leads Springfield baseball team to wins
- Green softball team earns first-place tie in Suburban League
- New playground unveiled at Uniontown Community Park
- South Side Scoreboard
Calendar of Events
- Day Out With Thomas - 5/24/2015
- Metro Parks Book Club: “The Endangered Species Road Trip” by Cameron MacDonald - 5/24/2015
- Good Old Fashioned Outdoor Fun - 5/24/2015
- Boogie Woogie Books - 5/26/2015
- A New Beginning - 5/27/2015