Winter warms up at Chili Open
Jim Halloran, of Olmsted Falls, who golfed with a group from Roetzel and Andress, is shown below as he takes a swing. Golfers enjoyed playing on one of four golf courses of nine holes created in the snow with hole distances from 65 to 125 yards. The course is shown at right.
After hitting the links, golfers were invited into the Banquet Hall at Hale Farm to warm up with Whitey’s chili and other treats. Shown above ready to serve are volunteers Lucy and Dave Downs, of Green, and Matt Dehnke, of Cuyahoga Falls. Participants also enjoyed raffles and card games.
For more information on the event, go to www.chiliopen.net.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
Photos: Krista Galloway
More Sports News
- Area schools compete in annual wrestling tourney
- Coach impressed with improvement shown by Revere swim teams
- Undefeated Copley boys team wins division
- Elms basketball team out to best start in three years
- Copley girls soccer team ends perfect season
- Green boys bowling team aiming for more postseason success
- Coventry boys looking to defend hoops title
- Area schools compete in 30th annual wrestling tournament
Calendar of Events
- The Lincoln Inaugural Train - 1/23/2017
- “Reasons to Be Happy” - 1/24/2017
- A New Adventure: group for widows and widowers - 1/25/2017
- Tuesday Musical: Imani Winds - 1/25/2017
- Full Circle Storytelling - 1/25/2017