Winter warms up at Chili Open
Jim Halloran, of Olmsted Falls, who golfed with a group from Roetzel and Andress, is shown below as he takes a swing. Golfers enjoyed playing on one of four golf courses of nine holes created in the snow with hole distances from 65 to 125 yards. The course is shown at right.
After hitting the links, golfers were invited into the Banquet Hall at Hale Farm to warm up with Whitey’s chili and other treats. Shown above ready to serve are volunteers Lucy and Dave Downs, of Green, and Matt Dehnke, of Cuyahoga Falls. Participants also enjoyed raffles and card games.
For more information on the event, go to www.chiliopen.net.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
Photos: Krista Galloway
More Sports News
- Area residents named to local baseball hall of fame
- Copley-Fairlawn Kiwanis Club hosting pregame dinner
- Copley girls soccer team looking to finish season strong
- Firestone girls soccer team showing weekly improvement
- Norton team places first in U14 division
- West Side Scoreboard
- Green girls volleyball team improving through defense
- Coventry girls volleyball team aiming for winning record
- South Side Scoreboard
Calendar of Events
- Paleo and Gluten-Free Diets - 9/30/2014
- Mudcakes clay class for children ages 6-8 - 9/30/2014
- Brimfield Police Chief David Oliver - 9/30/2014
- PAWS for Reading with service dog Molly - 10/1/2014
- The Wiggles - 10/1/2014