Buchtel defeats City Series rival Firestone in close game
Buchtel’s La’Shawn Johnson (No. 2), shown at right top, scored 15 of his game-high 20 points in the first half.
Shown at right bottom is Buchtel’s Deric Rucker (No. 20) preparing to dunk the ball.
Shown below is Firestone’s Evan Kennerly (No. 1), at right, attempting to go for a layup against Buchtel’s Tre’ Smith (No. 3).
Shown above is Firestone’s Richard Burroughs (No. 13), at center, attempting a layup in the first quarter while being defended by Buchtel’s Talen Sims (No. 14), at left, and Ci’Andre Johnson-Lollar (No. 5).
Both teams next will play tomorrow, Feb. 14, at 7 p.m.
Buchtel will face North High School at home.
Firestone also will play at home against Perry High School.
— By Kathleen Collins
Photos: Scott Horstman
More Sports News
- Woodridge seeing success in playoffs
- St. Sebastian Booster Club hosts basketball tournament
- Woodridge baseball team earns third consecutive league title
- West Side Scoreboard
- Woodridge boys track ends season with perfect league record
- Copley fourth-grade team wins championship
- Granger Challenge raises over $14,000
- Strong pitching leads Springfield baseball team to wins
- Green softball team earns first-place tie in Suburban League
- New playground unveiled at Uniontown Community Park
- South Side Scoreboard
Calendar of Events
- Laughing Club - 5/23/2015
- Grand Opening - 5/23/2015
- Celebrate 50 Years of the Nature Realm Arboretum - 5/23/2015
- Early Bird Hike - 5/23/2015
- Diamond Project Band with Eli’s Coming - 5/23/2015