Buchtel defeats City Series rival Firestone in close game
Buchtel’s La’Shawn Johnson (No. 2), shown at right top, scored 15 of his game-high 20 points in the first half.
Shown at right bottom is Buchtel’s Deric Rucker (No. 20) preparing to dunk the ball.
Shown below is Firestone’s Evan Kennerly (No. 1), at right, attempting to go for a layup against Buchtel’s Tre’ Smith (No. 3).
Shown above is Firestone’s Richard Burroughs (No. 13), at center, attempting a layup in the first quarter while being defended by Buchtel’s Talen Sims (No. 14), at left, and Ci’Andre Johnson-Lollar (No. 5).
Both teams next will play tomorrow, Feb. 14, at 7 p.m.
Buchtel will face North High School at home.
Firestone also will play at home against Perry High School.
— By Kathleen Collins
Photos: Scott Horstman
More Sports News
- Copley boys, girls soccer teams win district titles
- Firestone swim marathon kicking off Nov. 1
- Highland volleyball team ends season on strong note
- Copley football team looking to clinch winning season
- West Side Scoreboard
- Copley teams face off in championshipq
- Revere team wins league, tournament titles
- Chippewa Youth Trapshooting Club celebrating 10 years
- Copley travel team ends successful season
- Cleveland Futbol Club U12 team wins third straight state cup title
- Green boys cross country team sending two runners to state
- Green girls cross country team headed to state meet
- Coventry girls soccer team scores successful season
- South Side Scoreboard
Calendar of Events
- Artists Who Teach - 10/31/2014
- “Family Health” Book Sale - 10/31/2014
- Beyond D.A.B.D.A.: Grief Counseling with Children and Adults - 10/31/2014
- The Midtown Men - 10/31/2014
- Creepy Crawlies - 10/31/2014