Buchtel defeats City Series rival Firestone in close game
Buchtel’s La’Shawn Johnson (No. 2), shown at right top, scored 15 of his game-high 20 points in the first half.
Shown at right bottom is Buchtel’s Deric Rucker (No. 20) preparing to dunk the ball.
Shown below is Firestone’s Evan Kennerly (No. 1), at right, attempting to go for a layup against Buchtel’s Tre’ Smith (No. 3).
Shown above is Firestone’s Richard Burroughs (No. 13), at center, attempting a layup in the first quarter while being defended by Buchtel’s Talen Sims (No. 14), at left, and Ci’Andre Johnson-Lollar (No. 5).
Both teams next will play tomorrow, Feb. 14, at 7 p.m.
Buchtel will face North High School at home.
Firestone also will play at home against Perry High School.
— By Kathleen Collins
Photos: Scott Horstman
More Sports News
- Summit Metro Parks’ Spree For All beginning May 1
- Medina gymnasts place at meet
- Trip to Ireland paying off for Highland rugby team
- Revere boys tennis coach pleased with team’s progress
- Revere sixth-grade girls travel basketball team wins league
- Green softball coach says ‘sky is limit’ for team
- Hitting key for Manchester softball team
Calendar of Events
- Great Lakes Great Maines Club Cat Show - 4/30/2017
- Food Addicts in Recovery Anonymous - 4/30/2017
- Scrabble Club - 4/30/2017
- Figure and Form: Intimate Studies - 5/2/2017
- Memory Fitness: Keep Your Mind Sharp - 5/2/2017