Buchtel defeats City Series rival Firestone in close game
Buchtel’s La’Shawn Johnson (No. 2), shown at right top, scored 15 of his game-high 20 points in the first half.
Shown at right bottom is Buchtel’s Deric Rucker (No. 20) preparing to dunk the ball.
Shown below is Firestone’s Evan Kennerly (No. 1), at right, attempting to go for a layup against Buchtel’s Tre’ Smith (No. 3).
Shown above is Firestone’s Richard Burroughs (No. 13), at center, attempting a layup in the first quarter while being defended by Buchtel’s Talen Sims (No. 14), at left, and Ci’Andre Johnson-Lollar (No. 5).
Both teams next will play tomorrow, Feb. 14, at 7 p.m.
Buchtel will face North High School at home.
Firestone also will play at home against Perry High School.
— By Kathleen Collins
Photos: Scott Horstman
More Sports News
- Annual Fall Hiking Spree kicking off with preview event Aug. 30
- Project REBUILD accepts donation from Huth Charitable Foundation
- Copley team wins tournament
- Experienced CVCA girls tennis team facing tough schedule
- Cuyahoga Falls Little League team earns third district title
- Manchester football team looking for young players to step up
Calendar of Events
- Downloading with the 3M Cloud Library, eLearning the Easy Way, Excel Basics, Games and Tricks for Android Tablets - 8/29/2015
- Akron Symphony Chorus - 8/29/2015
- Full Moon Paddle - 8/29/2015
- Bad to the Bone with the Whiskey Kings, Hotel California with the Twistoffs - 8/29/2015
- Keepers of the Art Music Showcase - 8/29/2015