Copley-Fairlawn students rewarded for achievement
|Photo courtesy of the Cleveland Cavaliers|
For two grading periods during the regular basketball season, the Cavs and Westfield Insurance reward students for high scholastic achievement through the Straight “A” All-Stars program. Copley-Fairlawn Middle School had the highest number of students submit perfect report cards during the first grading period with 264 report cards received, according to Cavs officials. To acknowledge the student’s perfect scores, the Cavs and Westfield Insurance hosted a pep rally for the school, and Principal Kathy Ashcroft was presented with a check for $1,000 by the Cavs and Westfield Insurance, shown above.
Each student at the assembly also received two tickets to a Cavs home game, according to Cavs officials.
According to Cavs officials, the contest is open to students in kindergarten through eighth grade who reside in Cuyahoga, Lorain, Summit, Medina, Portage, Geauga, Lake and Ashtabula counties.
More Sports News
- Walsh boys basketball team defeats Hoban
- UFC Fight Night 82@!!Watch Hendricks, vs Thompson Live Stream Online Free // Fox.tv
- Medina gymnasts excel at meet
- @V!~Watch oklahoma City Thunders ~vs~ Golden State Warriors Live Stream Online Free //Regular Season 2016
- Revere girls basketball team taking ‘different path’ to reach goals
- @Q!Hendricks ~ vs Thompson Live Stream Online Free // Watch UFC Fight Night 82 Online FREE
- Walsh girls basketball team looking forward to postseason challenges
- West Side Scoreboard
- Woodridge wrestling coach pleasantly surprised by team’s effort
- Manchester wrestling team gearing up for league meet
- Green boys basketball team adjusting to Federal League
- South Side Scoreboard
Calendar of Events
- Belly Dancing Fitness Class - 2/8/2016
- Tuesday Musical: Marina Piccinini and Andreas Haefliger - 2/9/2016
- Widows and Widowers Under 50 - 2/10/2016
- Downloading with OverDrive; eBook Downloading with Kindle Fire; Know Your Android Tablet - 2/10/2016
- Pinkalicious Party - 2/10/2016