Copley-Fairlawn students rewarded for achievement
|Photo courtesy of the Cleveland Cavaliers|
For two grading periods during the regular basketball season, the Cavs and Westfield Insurance reward students for high scholastic achievement through the Straight “A” All-Stars program. Copley-Fairlawn Middle School had the highest number of students submit perfect report cards during the first grading period with 264 report cards received, according to Cavs officials. To acknowledge the student’s perfect scores, the Cavs and Westfield Insurance hosted a pep rally for the school, and Principal Kathy Ashcroft was presented with a check for $1,000 by the Cavs and Westfield Insurance, shown above.
Each student at the assembly also received two tickets to a Cavs home game, according to Cavs officials.
According to Cavs officials, the contest is open to students in kindergarten through eighth grade who reside in Cuyahoga, Lorain, Summit, Medina, Portage, Geauga, Lake and Ashtabula counties.
More Sports News
- Hoban football team looking to defend state title
- Woodridge football ends successful season with league title
- Copley Athletic Hall of Fame’s Class of 2016 to be honored
- Combined St. Hilary, St. Joseph football team wins award
- Green boys swim team targeting return visit to state
- Schrop students run for fun
Calendar of Events
- Dick Cooper Holiday Concert - 12/5/2016
- Cuyahoga Falls Community Band and Chorus Holiday Concert: - 12/5/2016
- Elf on a Shelf - 12/5/2016
- Cardio Hike - 12/5/2016
- “Spring Awakening” - 12/6/2016