Copley-Fairlawn students rewarded for achievement
|Photo courtesy of the Cleveland Cavaliers|
For two grading periods during the regular basketball season, the Cavs and Westfield Insurance reward students for high scholastic achievement through the Straight “A” All-Stars program. Copley-Fairlawn Middle School had the highest number of students submit perfect report cards during the first grading period with 264 report cards received, according to Cavs officials. To acknowledge the student’s perfect scores, the Cavs and Westfield Insurance hosted a pep rally for the school, and Principal Kathy Ashcroft was presented with a check for $1,000 by the Cavs and Westfield Insurance, shown above.
Each student at the assembly also received two tickets to a Cavs home game, according to Cavs officials.
According to Cavs officials, the contest is open to students in kindergarten through eighth grade who reside in Cuyahoga, Lorain, Summit, Medina, Portage, Geauga, Lake and Ashtabula counties.
More Sports News
- New boating launch point available in Cuyahoga Falls
- Annual charity volleyball tournament benefiting Falls family
- Copley U12 team wins championship
- G League teams end season as winners
- Copley Elite U12 softball team wins championship
- Preparations underway for 10th annual Kick for the Cure
- Safety stressed when fishing, boating in Portage Lakes
Calendar of Events
- Tower of Power with Get On Up - 7/30/2016
- Zentangle Club - 7/30/2016
- Turtle/Tortoise Races: ages 5 and up with adult - 7/30/2016
- Heinz Poll Summer Dance Festival: Verb Ballets - 7/30/2016
- Survivor Family - 7/30/2016