Copley-Fairlawn students rewarded for achievement
|Photo courtesy of the Cleveland Cavaliers|
For two grading periods during the regular basketball season, the Cavs and Westfield Insurance reward students for high scholastic achievement through the Straight “A” All-Stars program. Copley-Fairlawn Middle School had the highest number of students submit perfect report cards during the first grading period with 264 report cards received, according to Cavs officials. To acknowledge the student’s perfect scores, the Cavs and Westfield Insurance hosted a pep rally for the school, and Principal Kathy Ashcroft was presented with a check for $1,000 by the Cavs and Westfield Insurance, shown above.
Each student at the assembly also received two tickets to a Cavs home game, according to Cavs officials.
According to Cavs officials, the contest is open to students in kindergarten through eighth grade who reside in Cuyahoga, Lorain, Summit, Medina, Portage, Geauga, Lake and Ashtabula counties.
More Sports News
Calendar of Events
- Evil Ways, The Jimi Hendrix Tribute Experience and Ball and Chain - 8/28/2015
- End of Summer Jam with Sir Charles and Wendell B. - 8/28/2015
- Thyme for Dinner: Campfire Cooking - 8/28/2015
- Downloading with the 3M Cloud Library, eLearning the Easy Way, Excel Basics, Games and Tricks for Android Tablets - 8/29/2015
- Akron Symphony Chorus - 8/29/2015