Copley-Fairlawn students rewarded for achievement
|Photo courtesy of the Cleveland Cavaliers|
For two grading periods during the regular basketball season, the Cavs and Westfield Insurance reward students for high scholastic achievement through the Straight “A” All-Stars program. Copley-Fairlawn Middle School had the highest number of students submit perfect report cards during the first grading period with 264 report cards received, according to Cavs officials. To acknowledge the student’s perfect scores, the Cavs and Westfield Insurance hosted a pep rally for the school, and Principal Kathy Ashcroft was presented with a check for $1,000 by the Cavs and Westfield Insurance, shown above.
Each student at the assembly also received two tickets to a Cavs home game, according to Cavs officials.
According to Cavs officials, the contest is open to students in kindergarten through eighth grade who reside in Cuyahoga, Lorain, Summit, Medina, Portage, Geauga, Lake and Ashtabula counties.
More Sports News
- Inaugural Holly Run raises funds for cancer charity
- Copley wrestling team off to strong start
- West Side Scoreboard
- Woodridge girls basketball team competing for conference crown
- Green boys swim team looking to maintain improvement
- Manchester girls basketball team out to fast start
- Coventry athlete signs letter of intent
- South Side Scoreboard
Calendar of Events
- Celebrate the Season - 12/19/2014
- Movie Matinee - 12/19/2014
- Tales for Tots - 12/19/2014
- Holiday Open House - 12/20/2014
- Wildlife and Wood Workshop: Bird Feeder - 12/20/2014