Area residents take part in annual Polar Bear Jump
Shown above are both jumpers and supporters at the event that invites area residents to jump into the ice-cold waters of Turkeyfoot Lake to raise funds for various charities.
According to Kelly Pariso, one of the event organizers, a record 900 jumpers helped raise $100,000 for Camp Quality Ohio, located in New Franklin, and the Ronald McDonald House of Akron this year.
Members of the New Franklin Fire Department are shown below suited up and in the water as they watch two jumpers take the plunge in support of the charities.
Another jumper was Mogadore resident Pat Conant, who is pictured at right top reacting after coming out of the frigid water.
Shown at right bottom, from left, is Janelle Brown, Ashley Dario and Cassie Dario, of Akron, also taking the plunge.
— By Maria Lindsay
Photos: Lew Stamp
More Sports News
Calendar of Events
- Verb Ballets: “Works Reimagined: Continuing the Legacy of Heinz Poll”; “Carnival of the Animals” - 2/19/2017
- Akron Baroque and Singers Companye - 2/19/2017
- Pinterest Projects: Succulents - 2/19/2017
- “Pete’s Dragon” - 2/20/2017
- Friends of the Maltz Museum’s Presidents’ Day Celebration - 2/20/2017