Area residents take part in annual Polar Bear Jump
Shown above are both jumpers and supporters at the event that invites area residents to jump into the ice-cold waters of Turkeyfoot Lake to raise funds for various charities.
According to Kelly Pariso, one of the event organizers, a record 900 jumpers helped raise $100,000 for Camp Quality Ohio, located in New Franklin, and the Ronald McDonald House of Akron this year.
Members of the New Franklin Fire Department are shown below suited up and in the water as they watch two jumpers take the plunge in support of the charities.
Another jumper was Mogadore resident Pat Conant, who is pictured at right top reacting after coming out of the frigid water.
Shown at right bottom, from left, is Janelle Brown, Ashley Dario and Cassie Dario, of Akron, also taking the plunge.
— By Maria Lindsay
Photos: Lew Stamp
More Sports News
- Copley Indians continue winning streak against Norton Panthers
- Thousands expected to take part in Akron Marathon
- Revere girls volleyball team finds winning chemistry
- West Side Scoreboard
- Springfield girls cross country program growing
- Green girls golf squad aiming for ‘lofty goals’
- South Side Scoreboard
Calendar of Events
- The Help - 9/19/2014
- Medina County Story Fest - 9/20/2014
- A Vision to Share, a Story to Tell - 9/20/2014
- “Deadly Murder” - 9/20/2014
- Using Ancestry in Your Genealogy Research - 9/20/2014