Special Olympians win medals in Winter Games
|Photo courtesy of Lee Eisinger|
West Akron residents P. J. O’Neil and Todd Eisinger, along with Max Parell, of Sandusky, and Colin Lesko, of Twinsburg, competed in several events.
According to team officials, O’Neil earned a bronze in advanced slalom and giant slalom; Eisinger earned a silver in advanced giant slalom and a bronze in advanced downhill; Parell earned a bronze in intermediate downhill and a fourth place in intermediate giant slalom; and Lesko earned a silver in intermediate slalom and a bronze in intermediate downhill.
Shown above, from left, are Parell, O’Neil, Lesko and Eisinger.
More Sports News
- Area residents take part in Girls on the Run 5K
- Thanks4Giving football game featuring local players
- Deck the Falls runs supporting Cuyahoga Falls Shop With a Cop program
- Walsh girls soccer team claims state championship
- St. Hilary School team receives sportsmanship award
- Revere U11 team wins tournament
- Turkey Trot 5K Run/Walk scheduled for Nov. 27
- Manchester alumnus inducted into M Club
- New run supporting Life Is Good No Matter What foundation
Calendar of Events
- The University of Akron Brass Choir’s “Home for Thanksgiving” - 11/23/2014
- Jerry McNamee book signing - 11/23/2014
- Metro Parks Book Club: “Choosing Wildness” by Claude Arbour - 11/23/2014
- Candlelight Walk - 11/23/2014
- The University of Akron Percussion Ensemble - 11/24/2014