Canton Hurricane players visit St. Sebastian first-graders
|Photo courtesy of St. Sebastian Parish School|
Ronald McEwen, team owner of the Canton Hurricanes, and players Preston Curtis, Eric Davis and Marvin Ferguson came by the school with some messages. They are shown above with some first-graders.
According to school officials, they discussed the importance of education and told the students that whatever they want to accomplish in life, a good education is necessary. They also talked about sportsmanship and stressed to the children how important it is to treat everyone with kindness and to play fairly.
Before the players left the school, they invited the students to attend one of their football games in Canton and autographed some footballs for the children.
More Sports News
- Undefeated Hoban football team beats rival Walsh
- Copley boys soccer team looking to continue postseason success
- Experience key strength for Woodridge boys soccer team
- West Side Scoreboard
- Springfield boys cross country team eyeing strong finish
- ‘Future looks bright’ for Springfield girls cross country team
- South Side Scoreboard
Calendar of Events
- An Evening of American Indian Arts - 10/13/2015
- Show and Tell Me a Story: for ages 1-3 - 10/13/2015
- Symphony Land Story Time with the Canton Symphony Orchestra - 10/13/2015
- Widows and Widowers Under 50 - 10/14/2015
- Know Your iPad; Searching the Internet - 10/14/2015