Canton Hurricane players visit St. Sebastian first-graders
|Photo courtesy of St. Sebastian Parish School|
Ronald McEwen, team owner of the Canton Hurricanes, and players Preston Curtis, Eric Davis and Marvin Ferguson came by the school with some messages. They are shown above with some first-graders.
According to school officials, they discussed the importance of education and told the students that whatever they want to accomplish in life, a good education is necessary. They also talked about sportsmanship and stressed to the children how important it is to treat everyone with kindness and to play fairly.
Before the players left the school, they invited the students to attend one of their football games in Canton and autographed some footballs for the children.
More Sports News
- Highland athletes sign letters of intent
- Firestone boys basketball team looking for return to form
- Revere soccer team ends season as finalists
- Buchtel girls basketball program ‘on the right track’
- Green boys basketball team powered by strong senior class
- New Springfield girls basketball coach building program
- Winter activities abundant in Summit Metro Parks
Calendar of Events
- History Hike - 11/28/2014
- After Thanksgiving Hike - 11/28/2014
- Brent Kirby and His Luck with Rebecca Wohlever - 11/28/2014
- Akron Metro Parks Hiking Club - 11/28/2014
- A New Adventure - 11/29/2014