Canton Hurricane players visit St. Sebastian first-graders
|Photo courtesy of St. Sebastian Parish School|
Ronald McEwen, team owner of the Canton Hurricanes, and players Preston Curtis, Eric Davis and Marvin Ferguson came by the school with some messages. They are shown above with some first-graders.
According to school officials, they discussed the importance of education and told the students that whatever they want to accomplish in life, a good education is necessary. They also talked about sportsmanship and stressed to the children how important it is to treat everyone with kindness and to play fairly.
Before the players left the school, they invited the students to attend one of their football games in Canton and autographed some footballs for the children.
More Sports News
- STVM wins first playoff game against North
- Copley wrestling coach says team ‘peaking right now’
- Revere wrestling team aiming for strong showing at sectionals
- Highland team captures league title
- Copley travel team victorious over Norton
- Revere team wins tournament
- West Side Scoreboard
- Green boys swim team aiming for strong showing at state
- Green girls swim team looking to finish season strong
- South Side Scoreboard
- Green wrestling team places second at meet
Calendar of Events
- American Sewing Guild Fairlawn Group - 3/3/2015
- Civic Engagement and Managing Water Resources in Northeast Ohio and Globally - 3/3/2015
- The Nile Project: Interactive Performance & Capstone Concert - 3/3/2015
- Ohio and Erie Canal: A Timeline - 3/4/2015
- Alan Greene and T.C. Odegard - 3/4/2015