Canton Hurricane players visit St. Sebastian first-graders
|Photo courtesy of St. Sebastian Parish School|
Ronald McEwen, team owner of the Canton Hurricanes, and players Preston Curtis, Eric Davis and Marvin Ferguson came by the school with some messages. They are shown above with some first-graders.
According to school officials, they discussed the importance of education and told the students that whatever they want to accomplish in life, a good education is necessary. They also talked about sportsmanship and stressed to the children how important it is to treat everyone with kindness and to play fairly.
Before the players left the school, they invited the students to attend one of their football games in Canton and autographed some footballs for the children.
More Sports News
- Area schools compete in annual wrestling tourney
- Coach impressed with improvement shown by Revere swim teams
- Undefeated Copley boys team wins division
- Elms basketball team out to best start in three years
- Copley girls soccer team ends perfect season
- Green boys bowling team aiming for more postseason success
- Coventry boys looking to defend hoops title
- Area schools compete in 30th annual wrestling tournament
Calendar of Events
- Puppet Show: Mindy Mouse Finds a Flower - 1/21/2017
- Akron Symphony: Beethoven’s Ninth - 1/21/2017
- The Resurrection of Stevie Ray Vaughan starring Billy Evanochko - 1/21/2017
- Barbara Knight Trio; East of Seattle - 1/21/2017
- Black Romance Necklace - 1/21/2017