Canton Hurricane players visit St. Sebastian first-graders
|Photo courtesy of St. Sebastian Parish School|
Ronald McEwen, team owner of the Canton Hurricanes, and players Preston Curtis, Eric Davis and Marvin Ferguson came by the school with some messages. They are shown above with some first-graders.
According to school officials, they discussed the importance of education and told the students that whatever they want to accomplish in life, a good education is necessary. They also talked about sportsmanship and stressed to the children how important it is to treat everyone with kindness and to play fairly.
Before the players left the school, they invited the students to attend one of their football games in Canton and autographed some footballs for the children.
More Sports News
- Copley Athletic Hall of Fame class for 2014 to be honored
- West Side Scoreboard
- Hoban boys bowling team looking for strong season
- Copley Cosmos U12C1 team ends season as division champs
- Runners take part in annual Crooked River run
- Freshman class boosting Manchester boys basketball
- Returning starters ready to ignite Coventry girls basketball
- South Side Scoreboard
Calendar of Events
- Steve Cipriano - 12/17/2014
- Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation Support Group - 12/17/2014
- Akron Symphony Holiday Pops - 12/18/2014
- Yoga in the Park - 12/18/2014
- Weekday Walkers - 12/18/2014