Canton Hurricane players visit St. Sebastian first-graders
|Photo courtesy of St. Sebastian Parish School|
Ronald McEwen, team owner of the Canton Hurricanes, and players Preston Curtis, Eric Davis and Marvin Ferguson came by the school with some messages. They are shown above with some first-graders.
According to school officials, they discussed the importance of education and told the students that whatever they want to accomplish in life, a good education is necessary. They also talked about sportsmanship and stressed to the children how important it is to treat everyone with kindness and to play fairly.
Before the players left the school, they invited the students to attend one of their football games in Canton and autographed some footballs for the children.
More Sports News
- Hoban ends STVM’s season in regional final
- Copley football team ends season as league champs
- STVM girls cross country team finishes strong at state meet
- West Side Scoreboard
- Copley-Fairlawn youth football team regular season champs
- Green football coach optimistic about team’s returning core
- Green cross country teams make mark in Federal League debut
- South Side Scoreboard
Calendar of Events
- Author Fran Wilde - 11/28/2015
- “Nutcracker” - 11/28/2015
- American Indians of Sand Run - 11/28/2015
- Movie Matinee - 11/28/2015
- Indoor Snow Day - 11/28/2015