Canton Hurricane players visit St. Sebastian first-graders
|Photo courtesy of St. Sebastian Parish School|
Ronald McEwen, team owner of the Canton Hurricanes, and players Preston Curtis, Eric Davis and Marvin Ferguson came by the school with some messages. They are shown above with some first-graders.
According to school officials, they discussed the importance of education and told the students that whatever they want to accomplish in life, a good education is necessary. They also talked about sportsmanship and stressed to the children how important it is to treat everyone with kindness and to play fairly.
Before the players left the school, they invited the students to attend one of their football games in Canton and autographed some footballs for the children.
More Sports News
- Woodridge seeing success in playoffs
- St. Sebastian Booster Club hosts basketball tournament
- Woodridge baseball team earns third consecutive league title
- West Side Scoreboard
- Woodridge boys track ends season with perfect league record
- Copley fourth-grade team wins championship
- Granger Challenge raises over $14,000
- Strong pitching leads Springfield baseball team to wins
- Green softball team earns first-place tie in Suburban League
- New playground unveiled at Uniontown Community Park
- South Side Scoreboard
Calendar of Events
- Boogie Woogie Books - 5/26/2015
- A New Beginning - 5/27/2015
- Feeding Time: ages 5 and older - 5/27/2015
- Anime Club - 5/27/2015
- Summer Volunteer Orientation: ages 12-18 - 5/27/2015