Canton Hurricane players visit St. Sebastian first-graders
|Photo courtesy of St. Sebastian Parish School|
Ronald McEwen, team owner of the Canton Hurricanes, and players Preston Curtis, Eric Davis and Marvin Ferguson came by the school with some messages. They are shown above with some first-graders.
According to school officials, they discussed the importance of education and told the students that whatever they want to accomplish in life, a good education is necessary. They also talked about sportsmanship and stressed to the children how important it is to treat everyone with kindness and to play fairly.
Before the players left the school, they invited the students to attend one of their football games in Canton and autographed some footballs for the children.
More Sports News
- Walsh boys basketball team defeats Hoban
- Medina gymnasts excel at meet
- Revere girls basketball team taking ‘different path’ to reach goals
- Walsh girls basketball team looking forward to postseason challenges
- West Side Scoreboard
- Woodridge wrestling coach pleasantly surprised by team’s effort
- Manchester wrestling team gearing up for league meet
- Green boys basketball team adjusting to Federal League
- South Side Scoreboard
Calendar of Events
- Birds in Your Backyard - 2/6/2016
- Garden Design for the Modern Family - 2/6/2016
- Getting “On Time” With Your Life - 2/6/2016
- Seasonal Containers - 2/6/2016
- Wine Bottle Succulent Workshop - 2/6/2016