Canton Hurricane players visit St. Sebastian first-graders
|Photo courtesy of St. Sebastian Parish School|
Ronald McEwen, team owner of the Canton Hurricanes, and players Preston Curtis, Eric Davis and Marvin Ferguson came by the school with some messages. They are shown above with some first-graders.
According to school officials, they discussed the importance of education and told the students that whatever they want to accomplish in life, a good education is necessary. They also talked about sportsmanship and stressed to the children how important it is to treat everyone with kindness and to play fairly.
Before the players left the school, they invited the students to attend one of their football games in Canton and autographed some footballs for the children.
More Sports News
- Cardboard Classic offers outdoor fun
- Seniors aiming to lead Firestone wrestling team
- Revere boys basketball building momentum for postseason
- CVNP receives funds for new trails
- West Side Scoreboard
- Green boys swim team undefeated in Suburban League
- Green girls swim team aiming for postseason success
- Summit Metro Parks’ Cardboard Classic offered outdoor fun
- South Side Scoreboard
Calendar of Events
- A New Beginning - 1/31/2015
- “The Vagina Monologues” - 1/31/2015
- Lunch and a Movie for Teens - 1/31/2015
- Comedy in the Cellar - 1/31/2015
- Billy Strings and Don Julin - 1/31/2015