Canton Hurricane players visit St. Sebastian first-graders
|Photo courtesy of St. Sebastian Parish School|
Ronald McEwen, team owner of the Canton Hurricanes, and players Preston Curtis, Eric Davis and Marvin Ferguson came by the school with some messages. They are shown above with some first-graders.
According to school officials, they discussed the importance of education and told the students that whatever they want to accomplish in life, a good education is necessary. They also talked about sportsmanship and stressed to the children how important it is to treat everyone with kindness and to play fairly.
Before the players left the school, they invited the students to attend one of their football games in Canton and autographed some footballs for the children.
More Sports News
- Annual Metro Parks Spree for All kicks off May 1
- Firestone boys track looking to defend City Series title
- Firestone girls track aiming for more postseason success
- Jane’s Walk brings weekend of citizen-led walking tours to Akron
- West Side Scoreboard
- Elms Lady Panthers receive CYO Sportsmanship Award
- Revere team places first at futsal tournament
- Coventry rugby team aiming for strong postseason
- Coventry softball gaining momentum as playoffs approach
- South Side Scoreboard
Calendar of Events
- Boogie Woogie Books - 5/5/2015
- “Doctor Who” Bingo and Trivial Pursuit: grades six-12 - 5/5/2015
- Art Program: ages 11-18 - 5/5/2015
- Antique Appraisals - 5/5/2015
- First Tuesday Dance with Gene Fiocca Band - 5/5/2015