St. Sebastian team competes at Derby Downs
|Photo courtesy of St. Sebastian Parish School|
St. Sebastian’s team finished in the top 32 overall in the Super Stock division at the event, which took place in May at Derby Downs.
Members of the team, shown above, included: Connor Beaven, Matthew Dennee, Jimmy Gupta, Connor Hochstetler, Colin Jaroch, Nik Kil, Miles Newland, Alex Raita, Madalyne Sinley and Brody Toth.
According to team officials, each member of the team had a chance to go down the track in a derby car during team week activities a few days before the race. On race day, St. Sebastian’s car was driven by Beaven, while the rest of the team served as the pit crew.
More Sports News
- Woodridge seeing success in playoffs
- St. Sebastian Booster Club hosts basketball tournament
- Woodridge baseball team earns third consecutive league title
- West Side Scoreboard
- Woodridge boys track ends season with perfect league record
- Copley fourth-grade team wins championship
- Granger Challenge raises over $14,000
Calendar of Events
- Electric Pressure Cooker Open Mic - 5/22/2015
- Lil’ Sprouts - 5/22/2015
- Kathy Johnson Trio - 5/22/2015
- Ron Kalinoski on “How to Grind Your Own Telescope Mirror”: Astronomy Club of Akron - 5/22/2015
- Wanted with Rock Brigade - 5/22/2015