St. Sebastian team competes at Derby Downs
|Photo courtesy of St. Sebastian Parish School|
St. Sebastian’s team finished in the top 32 overall in the Super Stock division at the event, which took place in May at Derby Downs.
Members of the team, shown above, included: Connor Beaven, Matthew Dennee, Jimmy Gupta, Connor Hochstetler, Colin Jaroch, Nik Kil, Miles Newland, Alex Raita, Madalyne Sinley and Brody Toth.
According to team officials, each member of the team had a chance to go down the track in a derby car during team week activities a few days before the race. On race day, St. Sebastian’s car was driven by Beaven, while the rest of the team served as the pit crew.
More Sports News
- Area schools compete in annual wrestling tourney
- Coach impressed with improvement shown by Revere swim teams
- Undefeated Copley boys team wins division
- Elms basketball team out to best start in three years
- Copley girls soccer team ends perfect season
- Green boys bowling team aiming for more postseason success
- Coventry boys looking to defend hoops title
- Area schools compete in 30th annual wrestling tournament
Calendar of Events
- Play and Stay Friday - 1/20/2017
- 11th Annual Chili Challenge to benefit Akron Children’s Hospital’s Burn Unit - 1/20/2017
- Silly Fridays: Create Your Own Crystal Garden - 1/20/2017
- Homeschoolers: The Power of Poison: ages 11-14 - 1/20/2017
- Puppet Show: Mindy Mouse Finds a Flower - 1/21/2017