St. Sebastian team competes at Derby Downs
|Photo courtesy of St. Sebastian Parish School|
St. Sebastian’s team finished in the top 32 overall in the Super Stock division at the event, which took place in May at Derby Downs.
Members of the team, shown above, included: Connor Beaven, Matthew Dennee, Jimmy Gupta, Connor Hochstetler, Colin Jaroch, Nik Kil, Miles Newland, Alex Raita, Madalyne Sinley and Brody Toth.
According to team officials, each member of the team had a chance to go down the track in a derby car during team week activities a few days before the race. On race day, St. Sebastian’s car was driven by Beaven, while the rest of the team served as the pit crew.
More Sports News
- JCC pool opens with a splash
- Revere baseball looking to build on momentum from last season
- First-year coach looking to lead young Firestone baseball team to success
- PowerHouse gymnastics excel
- STVM CYO teams wins tourney
- Copley team declared champs
- Manchester softball team looking for deep postseason run
- Pitching primary strength for Springfield baseball team
Calendar of Events
- Adventurers of the Year Amy and Dave Freeman - 3/27/2015
- Alice Tan Ridley - 3/27/2015
- Astronomy Club of Akron: NASA Chief Pilot Alan Mickelwright - 3/27/2015
- Brass Band of the Western Reserve - 3/28/2015
- Basket Weaving 101: Easter Basket - 3/28/2015