Bath Horse Show marks 70th year
The event, which took place June 28-29 on the horse grounds at the corner of Revere and Everett roads, generates about $25,000 each year for new equipment and new training for the Bath Fire Department, according to show officials.
Shown at top is Colin Gaffney, a member of the Bath Pony Club, taking a jump with horse Monte.
Shown at right top is Brandy Podboy, a member of the Bath Pony Club, riding the course with horse Oliver.
Fellow Bath Pony Club member Lauren Mansky poses with her horse Daisy, shown at right bottom.
In addition to viewing skilled riders, the event also included food and a poster contest for children. Some of the posters are shown below.
As part of this year’s anniversary celebration, the late Susie Wyatt was honored for her contributions to the show.
The horse show also included trophies, prize money and ribbons. For results of the show, call the Bath Fire Department at 330-666-3738.
— By Kathleen Collins
Photos: Scott Horstman
More Sports News
- Hoban ends STVMís season in regional final
- Copley football team ends season as league champs
- STVM girls cross country team finishes strong at state meet
- West Side Scoreboard
- Copley-Fairlawn youth football team regular season champs
- Green football coach optimistic about teamís returning core
- Green cross country teams make mark in Federal League debut
- South Side Scoreboard
Calendar of Events
- Cookbook Book Club: Chestnuts - 11/30/2015
- Baby Time - 11/30/2015
- American Sewing Guild Fairlawn Group - 12/1/2015
- Boy=Girl - 12/2/2015
- Handmade Gifts for the Holidays: ages 3-6 - 12/2/2015