Bath Horse Show marks 70th year
The event, which took place June 28-29 on the horse grounds at the corner of Revere and Everett roads, generates about $25,000 each year for new equipment and new training for the Bath Fire Department, according to show officials.
Shown at top is Colin Gaffney, a member of the Bath Pony Club, taking a jump with horse Monte.
Shown at right top is Brandy Podboy, a member of the Bath Pony Club, riding the course with horse Oliver.
Fellow Bath Pony Club member Lauren Mansky poses with her horse Daisy, shown at right bottom.
In addition to viewing skilled riders, the event also included food and a poster contest for children. Some of the posters are shown below.
As part of this year’s anniversary celebration, the late Susie Wyatt was honored for her contributions to the show.
The horse show also included trophies, prize money and ribbons. For results of the show, call the Bath Fire Department at 330-666-3738.
— By Kathleen Collins
Photos: Scott Horstman
More Sports News
- Woodridge seeing success in playoffs
- St. Sebastian Booster Club hosts basketball tournament
- Woodridge baseball team earns third consecutive league title
- West Side Scoreboard
- Woodridge boys track ends season with perfect league record
- Copley fourth-grade team wins championship
- Granger Challenge raises over $14,000
- Strong pitching leads Springfield baseball team to wins
- Green softball team earns first-place tie in Suburban League
- New playground unveiled at Uniontown Community Park
- South Side Scoreboard
Calendar of Events
- Boogie Woogie Books - 5/26/2015
- A New Beginning - 5/27/2015
- Feeding Time: ages 5 and older - 5/27/2015
- Anime Club - 5/27/2015
- Summer Volunteer Orientation: ages 12-18 - 5/27/2015