Manchester alumni hosting Tailgate Party, Hall of Fame reception
NEW FRANKLIN — The Manchester Alumni Association will host its 13th annual Pre-Game Tailgate Party prior to the Manchester High School (MHS) Panthers’ football home-opener Aug. 29 at 5:30 p.m.
Held at the large alumni tents outside the stadium, this event attracts hundreds of MHS graduates, according to organizers. This year, the classes of 1964, 1969, 1973, 1979, 1984 and 1989 also are kicking off their reunion weekends at the party. Free food and soft drinks will be available to all Panther friends, according to organizers, and the Manchester Alumni Band is scheduled to perform.
The annual MHS Hall of Fame game against Hillsdale High School will begin at 7 p.m., with five new inductees to be enshrined at halftime: Dan Hickman (’77), Richard Hooper (’81), Matt Bond (’94), Brody Jackson (’04) and Lauren Whitehill Sweet (’06). For the first time, the Athletic Hall of Fame Reception also will be a part of the pregame festivities at the alumni tents, according to organizers. All are welcome to help the honorees celebrate with cake and refreshments.
More Sports News
- Hoban wins second consecutive state football title
- Walsh girls soccer team adds to winning culture with 10th state title
- West Side Saints win CYO championship
- Warriors, Bulldogs in spotlight following state wins
- Towpath men’s team finishes fourth at nationals
- Walsh girls soccer team adds 10th state championship
- Green girls swim team looking to join league’s ‘upper tier’
- Parks offer winter activities
Calendar of Events
- “America’s Got Talent” - 12/10/2016
- Dynamics Community Theater’s “Miracle on 34th Street” - 12/10/2016
- Haiku Study Group - 12/10/2016
- John Cleese and “The Holy Grail” - 12/10/2016
- Jingle Bell Bash to benefit Ronald McDonald House of Akron - 12/10/2016