Manchester alumni hosting Tailgate Party, Hall of Fame reception
NEW FRANKLIN — The Manchester Alumni Association will host its 13th annual Pre-Game Tailgate Party prior to the Manchester High School (MHS) Panthers’ football home-opener Aug. 29 at 5:30 p.m.
Held at the large alumni tents outside the stadium, this event attracts hundreds of MHS graduates, according to organizers. This year, the classes of 1964, 1969, 1973, 1979, 1984 and 1989 also are kicking off their reunion weekends at the party. Free food and soft drinks will be available to all Panther friends, according to organizers, and the Manchester Alumni Band is scheduled to perform.
The annual MHS Hall of Fame game against Hillsdale High School will begin at 7 p.m., with five new inductees to be enshrined at halftime: Dan Hickman (’77), Richard Hooper (’81), Matt Bond (’94), Brody Jackson (’04) and Lauren Whitehill Sweet (’06). For the first time, the Athletic Hall of Fame Reception also will be a part of the pregame festivities at the alumni tents, according to organizers. All are welcome to help the honorees celebrate with cake and refreshments.
More Sports News
- Local youths take part in Derby
- Goodyear Half Marathon & 10K debuting Aug. 15
- Charity volleyball tournament benefiting area residents
- St. Sebastian students race in Gravity Racing Challenge
- Akron Sun Devils win tourneys
- Local youths take part in Soap Box Derby
- Coventry football team aiming for winning record this season
Calendar of Events
- “Hairspray” - 7/31/2015
- Croquet in the Garden: ages 12-18 - 7/31/2015
- The Selfie Show - 7/31/2015
- Crayon Batiks by Lawrence Walker - 7/31/2015
- Greased Lightning - 7/31/2015