Manchester alumni hosting Tailgate Party, Hall of Fame reception
NEW FRANKLIN — The Manchester Alumni Association will host its 13th annual Pre-Game Tailgate Party prior to the Manchester High School (MHS) Panthers’ football home-opener Aug. 29 at 5:30 p.m.
Held at the large alumni tents outside the stadium, this event attracts hundreds of MHS graduates, according to organizers. This year, the classes of 1964, 1969, 1973, 1979, 1984 and 1989 also are kicking off their reunion weekends at the party. Free food and soft drinks will be available to all Panther friends, according to organizers, and the Manchester Alumni Band is scheduled to perform.
The annual MHS Hall of Fame game against Hillsdale High School will begin at 7 p.m., with five new inductees to be enshrined at halftime: Dan Hickman (’77), Richard Hooper (’81), Matt Bond (’94), Brody Jackson (’04) and Lauren Whitehill Sweet (’06). For the first time, the Athletic Hall of Fame Reception also will be a part of the pregame festivities at the alumni tents, according to organizers. All are welcome to help the honorees celebrate with cake and refreshments.
More Sports News
- Annual swim meet honors local swimmer
- Hoban girls soccer team claims first state championship
- Towpath team places fifth at USTA National Championships
- Highland boys cross country ends successful season
- Walsh hosts American Cancer Society fundraiser
- Summit Athletic Running Club donates to Falls Cancer Club
- Revere U11 team wins championship
- West Side Scoreboard
- Manchester football team ends season on strong run
- Springfield girls cross country showed ‘incredible’ improvement
- South Side Scoreboard
Calendar of Events
- Jon Mosey - 11/25/2015
- Joseph Arthur - 11/25/2015
- Food Addicts in Recovery Anonymous - 11/26/2015
- Ballroom Nights - 11/27/2015
- Black Friday Music Party - 11/27/2015