Asian Sun wins multiple medals in national competition
|Photo courtesy of Asian Sun Martial Arts|
All of the medal winners, along with their coaches, are shown above.
From the school’s Copley location, Grant Bogdanski won a bronze medal in the ages 8-9 group and Jason Mosley won a bronze medal in the ages 12-14 group.
From the school’s Green location, Noah Shanafelt won a silver medal in the ages 10-11 group.
Top winners for the school were Vincent “Vincie” Ripepi and Anja Gardziola, who both won spots on the AAU Taekwondo National Team for Olympic-style sparring. Both compete in the 18-32 age bracket, Ripepi in the middleweight division and Gardziola as a heavyweight.
“I think this was our team’s best nationals ever,” said head coach Grandmaster Ryan Andrachik, owner of Asian Sun schools.
More Sports News
- RubberDucks hold national anthem auditions
- Buchtel boys basketball team looking to get stronger
- Copley team wins Slam Jam championship
- Woodridge boys basketball team reached several goals this season
- Spartan Sparkles program continues to celebrate inclusion
- Springfield boys track team aiming for strong finish in league
- Springfield bowling teams finish strong at state
- St. Francis team wins championship
Calendar of Events
- Scrabble Club - 3/26/2017
- Community Art Project - 3/26/2017
- Whispers From Mother Nature - 3/26/2017
- “The Ugly Duckling” - 3/26/2017
- Copley Community Flea Market - 3/27/2017