Asian Sun wins multiple medals in national competition
|Photo courtesy of Asian Sun Martial Arts|
All of the medal winners, along with their coaches, are shown above.
From the school’s Copley location, Grant Bogdanski won a bronze medal in the ages 8-9 group and Jason Mosley won a bronze medal in the ages 12-14 group.
From the school’s Green location, Noah Shanafelt won a silver medal in the ages 10-11 group.
Top winners for the school were Vincent “Vincie” Ripepi and Anja Gardziola, who both won spots on the AAU Taekwondo National Team for Olympic-style sparring. Both compete in the 18-32 age bracket, Ripepi in the middleweight division and Gardziola as a heavyweight.
“I think this was our team’s best nationals ever,” said head coach Grandmaster Ryan Andrachik, owner of Asian Sun schools.
More Sports News
- Frustration turns to exhilaration as Tribe wins home opener
- Seniors looking to create history for Firestone boys track team
- Firestone girls track team aiming for City Series title
- Rubber City Games beginning in May
- Green boys tennis coach pleased with team’s progress
- Green boys lacrosse planning on successful season
Calendar of Events
- “Hidden Figures” - 4/23/2017
- Gemboree - 4/23/2017
- Community Art - 4/23/2017
- Yoga and Mimosa; Yoga and Wine - 4/24/2017
- The Art of Journaling; Men Facing Grief Support Group - 4/24/2017