Asian Sun wins multiple medals in national competition
|Photo courtesy of Asian Sun Martial Arts|
All of the medal winners, along with their coaches, are shown above.
From the school’s Copley location, Grant Bogdanski won a bronze medal in the ages 8-9 group and Jason Mosley won a bronze medal in the ages 12-14 group.
From the school’s Green location, Noah Shanafelt won a silver medal in the ages 10-11 group.
Top winners for the school were Vincent “Vincie” Ripepi and Anja Gardziola, who both won spots on the AAU Taekwondo National Team for Olympic-style sparring. Both compete in the 18-32 age bracket, Ripepi in the middleweight division and Gardziola as a heavyweight.
“I think this was our team’s best nationals ever,” said head coach Grandmaster Ryan Andrachik, owner of Asian Sun schools.
More Sports News
- Hoban wins second consecutive state football title
- Walsh girls soccer team adds to winning culture with 10th state title
- West Side Saints win CYO championship
- Warriors, Bulldogs in spotlight following state wins
- Towpath men’s team finishes fourth at nationals
- Walsh girls soccer team adds 10th state championship
- Green girls swim team looking to join league’s ‘upper tier’
- Parks offer winter activities
Calendar of Events
- “America’s Got Talent” - 12/10/2016
- Dynamics Community Theater’s “Miracle on 34th Street” - 12/10/2016
- Haiku Study Group - 12/10/2016
- John Cleese and “The Holy Grail” - 12/10/2016
- Jingle Bell Bash to benefit Ronald McDonald House of Akron - 12/10/2016