Asian Sun wins multiple medals in national competition
|Photo courtesy of Asian Sun Martial Arts|
All of the medal winners, along with their coaches, are shown above.
From the school’s Copley location, Grant Bogdanski won a bronze medal in the ages 8-9 group and Jason Mosley won a bronze medal in the ages 12-14 group.
From the school’s Green location, Noah Shanafelt won a silver medal in the ages 10-11 group.
Top winners for the school were Vincent “Vincie” Ripepi and Anja Gardziola, who both won spots on the AAU Taekwondo National Team for Olympic-style sparring. Both compete in the 18-32 age bracket, Ripepi in the middleweight division and Gardziola as a heavyweight.
“I think this was our team’s best nationals ever,” said head coach Grandmaster Ryan Andrachik, owner of Asian Sun schools.
More Sports News
- Hoban continues postseason with win over Coventry
- Copley girls basketball team ready for playoff run
- CVCA hockey turnaround includes school’s first-ever Baron Cup
- Sixth annual Battle of the Badges to benefit Falls Cancer Club
- Hoban defeats Coventry in sectional semifinal
- Manchester boys basketball hoping win streak continues
- Springfield boys bowling team targeting return to state tourney
Calendar of Events
- Yoga - 2/27/2017
- Pilates - 2/27/2017
- Yoga and Mimosa; Yoga and Wine - 2/27/2017
- Trombonist Joseph Alessi with The University of Akron’s Symphonic Band and Firestone Community Learning Center (CLC) Wind Ensemble - 2/27/2017
- All City Musical: “Mary Poppins”: high school age students - 2/28/2017