Master Gardeners hosting annual Tour of Gardens
|Photos courtesy of Judy Hirschman|
Six gardens will be featured on the self-guided tour (examples of two gardens featured in previous tours are shown at right). This year’s tour will require walking some distances to get to the gardens and is not handicapped accessible, according to organizers. Tickets will be available beginning May 1 for $15 at area garden centers.
Master Gardeners of Summit County provides grants to organizations to support educational activities such as teaching underprivileged children to raise their own vegetables and helping community gardeners improve their yields. Master Gardeners are available for presentations to interested organizations on many aspects of gardening and landscaping.
For additional information, call Judy Hirschman 330-678-6919.
More Lawn & Garden
Calendar of Events
- The University of Akron Brass Choir’s “Home for Thanksgiving” - 11/23/2014
- Jerry McNamee book signing - 11/23/2014
- Metro Parks Book Club: “Choosing Wildness” by Claude Arbour - 11/23/2014
- Candlelight Walk - 11/23/2014
- The University of Akron Percussion Ensemble - 11/24/2014