• AKRON — A fundraiser to support state Rep. Anthony DeVitis (R-District 43) and state Sen. Frank LaRose (R-District 27) will take place today, Oct. 4, from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. at the Carovillese Lodge and Club, 570 E. Cuyahoga Falls Ave. This Columbus Day fundraiser will include a cocktail hour, followed with a private reception for hosts and sponsors. Donation levels are $35 per person and $60 per couple. To make a reservation for this event or for more information, send an email to Mike@anthonydevitis.com or call 330-413-3345. Checks should be made payable to “Elect DeVitis” or “LaRose for Senate.” Corporate checks will not be accepted.
• WEST AKRON — The Citizen’s Committee for Children Services will hold its annual silent/live auction fundraiser, A Night of Sweet Adventure, Oct. 12 at 6 p.m. at Portage Country Club, 240 N. Portage Path. Proceeds from this year’s fundraiser will help support the passage of Issue No. 73, the Summit County Children Services renewal levy. This 2.25-mill renewal levy, which is not a tax increase, will provide for 60 percent of the agency’s operating budget and will continue to cost the owner of a $100,000 home $5.75 per month, according to the Citizen’s Committee. In addition to cocktails, hors d’oeuvres and a sit-down dinner, the event — inspired by the children’s board game “Candyland” — will feature bidding on silent and live auction items. Some of the auction items include: use of a vacation condominium in the Cayman Islands; an “Ohio State University Man Cave” with a wide variety of OSU items; an “International Wine Cellar” featuring 15 bottles of imported wine; the new Kindle Fire HD; a $1,000 travel gift certificate with a set of luggage; numerous themed baskets; tickets to events and activities; and many gift cards to area restaurants. Tickets for the event cost $50, with various sponsorship opportunities also available. For more details or to purchase tickets, visit www.supportsummitkids.org, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 330-379-1918.
Calendar of Events
- Mr. Bubble - 7/22/2014
- Stewart’s Caring Place: A Cancer Wellness Center Events - 7/22/2014
- A New Beginning - 7/23/2014
- 24th Annual AoRC Juried Show - 7/23/2014
- Music in the Meadow: Mo’ Mojo - 7/23/2014