Simple ways to give your bathroom a new look
|Replacing old bathroom tiles with newer ones is an easy and inexpensive way to give a bathroom a new look and feel.|
|Photo courtesy of MetroCreativeConnection|
For many homeowners, that costly price tag is simply too much money to commit, especially in an economy where money is still hard to come by. But there are several simple ways homeowners can give their bathrooms a new look and feel without breaking the bank.
• Install a new shower. One of the best ways to give a bathroom a new look is to replace the traditional tub and showerhead with a bigger, more airy shower. Such showers are typically found in modern hotels that boast luxury amenities. Instead of the tub and slide glass, choose a hinged door with heavier glass, replacing the bathtub entirely.
• Add windows and a skylight. Many bathrooms, particularly those in older homes, sorely lack adequate lighting. Adding some extra windows and a skylight can give a bathroom an entirely new look, even if you don’t replace any of the existing features or fixtures. Sunlight can make a bathroom more inviting, giving the room the feeling of a sanctuary.
• Add some entertainment. Just like they offer larger showers with more room to breathe, many luxury hotels now ensure guests can be entertained even while they’re in the bathroom. Such hotels often feature small flat-screen TVs that sit behind the bathroom’s mirror. Guests don’t even see the TV until it’s turned on. Homeowners can bring this lap of luxury into their own homes. This is especially valuable to homeowners whose bathrooms currently feature soaking tubs where they can escape the daily grind with a hot bath and now even watch a little TV while they soak.
• Replace old tiles. Many homeowners cite their bathroom’s tiles as the feature they would most like to change. Old linoleum tiles give many bathrooms a dated look. Glass tiles are growing in popularity, but those old linoleum or glazed tiles can be swapped out with porcelain or stone tiles to give the room an entirely new look without spending excessively.
• Replace the toilet. Another easy way to give a bathroom a new look is to replace the toilet. Older toilets may be eyesores, and many are not very eco-friendly, either. A new toilet can give the bathroom a sleek, modern look, and since many of today’s luxury models are low-flow, you’ll also save money on your monthly water bill while doing something good for the environment.
This information was provided by MetroCreativeConnection.
More Home Improvement
Calendar of Events
- Wine and Canvas Night - 2/24/2017
- Men’s Choral Festival Closing Concert - 2/24/2017
- Tai Chi Chuan and San Da Self Defense - 2/24/2017
- Ballroom Nights - 2/24/2017
- Tales for Tots: ages 3-6 - 2/24/2017