Arbors at Fairlawn residents make ribbons
|Photo: Kathleen Folkerth|
Life Enrichment Director Cassy Wynn has been helping the residents make the ribbons. On Fridays in October, the residents will sell the ribbons for 50 cents each and donate the profits to the Susan G. Komen for the Cure, Wynn said.
Shown at right is resident Dorothy Guseman as she works to create a ribbon. After the residents glued the ribbons together, Wynn glued a safety pin to the back so they can be worn.
Wynn said the residents have set a goal of selling 120 of the ribbons and being able to donate $60 to Komen.
“If we can do more than that, we’ll be thrilled,” Wynn said.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
More Senior Lifestyles
Calendar of Events
- Adventurers of the Year Amy and Dave Freeman - 3/27/2015
- Alice Tan Ridley - 3/27/2015
- Astronomy Club of Akron: NASA Chief Pilot Alan Mickelwright - 3/27/2015
- Brass Band of the Western Reserve - 3/28/2015
- Basket Weaving 101: Easter Basket - 3/28/2015