Making Strides breast cancer event raises $200,000
|Photo courtesy of the American Cancer Society|
The fundraising event provides free resources and support to the one in two women newly diagnosed with breast cancer who turn to the ACS for help and support, according organizers.
“Making Strides Against Breast Cancer unites us all to walk together as the most powerful force to end breast cancer,” said Teri Incorvia, ACS walk organizer. “We are so thankful for how this community has pulled together to encourage everyone to change the course of breast cancer forever. Making Strides walkers and supporters can be proud that their efforts are helping 2.6 million breast cancer survivors living in the U.S. celebrate another birthday this year.”
Making Strides Against Breast Cancer is the largest network of breast cancer awareness events in the nation, uniting more than 270 communities to fund the fight, according to event organizers. To make a donation on behalf of the event, visit www.makingstrideswalk.org. For additional information about breast cancer, contact the ACS at 800-227-2345 or visit the website www.cancer.org.
More Health & Fitness
Calendar of Events
- The Nile and African Identity - 3/2/2015
- American Sewing Guild Fairlawn Group - 3/3/2015
- Civic Engagement and Managing Water Resources in Northeast Ohio and Globally - 3/3/2015
- The Nile Project: Interactive Performance & Capstone Concert - 3/3/2015
- Ohio and Erie Canal: A Timeline - 3/4/2015