Hospice of VNS hosting classes dealing with holiday grief
COPLEY —The Hospice of Visiting Nurse Service (VNS) Center for Loss and Hope will host special free support groups this holiday season to help adults and children cope with holiday grief. All classes meet at the Hospice of VNS Care Center, 3358 Ridgewood Road.
• “Kids and Holiday Grief” is planned for tomorrow, Nov. 9, and Dec. 14 from 5 to 7 p.m. The session will provide support for children ages 6-12 who have experienced a significant loss, such as a parent, sibling or grandparent. There also will be a corresponding informational group for parents/caregivers who want to learn more about what to expect from a grieving child. The children will work with an art therapist in one group while the parents/caregivers meet with the bereavement coordinator in another.
• “Reducing Holiday Stress” will be offered Nov. 14 and Dec. 12 from 2 to 3:30 p.m. or 6 to 7:30 p.m. Grieving persons will learn how to balance the reality of grief along with the expectations of the holidays. Those attending will hear about options for coping with this potentially difficult time of the year.
• “After the Holidays ... Now What?” will be offered Jan. 9 from 2 to 3:30 p.m. or 6 to 7:30 p.m. The group will focus on overcoming the low feelings sometimes experienced after major holidays and other special days.
The classes are open to all members of the community at no charge, but enrollment is limited. To register or for more information on these and other Hospice of VNS bereavement support programs or individual grief counseling, call 330-668-4662.
If a church or business would like a presentation of “Reducing Holiday Stress” at its location, call 330-668-4662.
More People & Places
Calendar of Events
- Collage 2016 - 10/26/2016
- Scrapbooking - 10/26/2016
- Eating Healthy on a Budget - 10/26/2016
- Sisters in Art 2016 Exhibit - 10/27/2016
- Cuyahoga Valley Heritage Concert: Dom Flemons - 10/27/2016