Santa Claus is coming to town
|Mariah Amos, of West Akron, gives Santa a hug at last year’s Fairlawn Breakfast With Santa. The event this year will take place Dec. 15 at 10 a.m. at the Fairlawn-Kiwanis Community Center.
|Photo: Ken Crisafi|
|Santa poses with a pet at Graf Growers last year. Free photos for families and pets with Santa will take place this year at Graf Growers Nov. 24-25 and Dec. 1-2 and 8-9.|
|Photo courtesy of Graf Growers|
• Santa on the River, sponsored by Gone Fishin Bait and Tackle, will take place through Dec. 22 daily from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on the Cuyahoga River. People will be able to join Santa and his elves onboard the S.S. Snowflake for hot cocoa and snacks while taking a cruise on the Cuyahoga River. The boat leaves the city of Cuyahoga Falls public boat dock, located behind 2381 Front St. Children will be able to talk to Santa and have their photos taken with him. The cost is $9 per person or $30 for a family of four. Reservations are required and can be made by calling 234-525-1900.
• Welcome Santa Parade, sponsored by the Akron Recreation Bureau, will take place Nov. 24 starting at 11 a.m. proceeding along South Main Street from Cedar Street in Downtown Akron. For more details, call 330-375-2835.
• Graf Growers, 1015 White Pond Drive in West Akron, will offer free photos with Santa in a poinsettia filled greenhouse Nov. 24-25 and Dec. 1-2 and 8-9 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Families and pets are welcome. Children also can make a free ornament craft, and the family can enjoy the hot cocoa bar. While photos are free, donations for the Salvation Army Red Kettle Campaign will be accepted. For more details, call 330-836-2727.
• Sundae With Santa will be offered Nov. 25 at 1 p.m. at the Richfield Village Recreation Center, 3333 Brecksville Road. For $15, children will receive a photo with Santa, a sundae and a gift, and can make a holiday craft. Adult sundaes are $2. Donations of new pajamas for children from babies to age 17 will be collected for the Eastern Ohio Chapter of the Pajama Program. For more information and to register, call the Richfield Parks and Recreation Department at 330-659-5818.
• BRAVO’s Breakfast With Santa will take place Dec. 1 from 9 to 10:30 a.m. at the restaurant, located in front of Summit Mall. Participants can enjoy food, activities and take a picture with Santa using their own camera. Each child will get a treat. Those who donate a new, unwrapped toy will be entered into a drawing for prizes. The cost is $5.95 for children and $11.95 for adults. To make a reservation, call 330-835-9583.
• Breakfast With Santa at Hudson’s Restaurant, 3900 Medina Road in Copley, will benefit Blessings in a Backpack, a national organization that fills backpacks with easy to prepare food for qualified elementary school children to eat on weekends. This ministry will sponsor children at Helen Arnold Community Learning Center in West Akron. Children can visit with Santa at the breakfast event Dec. 1 from 8:30 to 11:30 a.m. Professional photos taken by Andrew Jordan Photography will be available. The cost for breakfast is $12 for adults and $9 for children ages 10 and younger. Reservations are required by calling 330-666-7777.
• Lunch With Santa will be offered Dec. 1 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Quirk Cultural Center, 1201 Grant Ave. in Cuyahoga Falls. This holiday event includes a light lunch, keepsake photo with Santa Claus, treat bag for children and reindeer games. Seating will begin at 10:45 a.m. Those wishing to sit together should arrive together. Ticket prices are $10 for resident children ages 2 and older and $6 for resident adults, and $12 for nonresident children ages 2 and older and $8 for nonresident adults. Advanced registration is required and can be made by calling 330-971-8425.
• The Santa Fly-In, sponsored by Women With Wings Chapter of International 99, will take place Dec. 2 from 1 to 2:30 p.m. at the MAPS Air Museum, 2260 International Parkway, located off Massillon Road in Green. Santa and Mrs. Claus will arrive on a Cessna. The event will include free admission to the MAPS museum, free photos with Santa and Mrs. Claus, and punch and cookies. For details, call 330-896-6332.
• Tadpole and Tiddlers and the Jeweller’s Shop, located in the Ghent Square shopping plaza at 843 N. Cleveland-Massillon Road in Bath, will sponsor its fourth annual Cool Yule event Dec. 8 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. The event includes visits with Santa, horse-drawn wagon rides from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., raffle prizes to benefit the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, gift bags while they last, treats and more.
• The Akron Zoo’s Breakfast With Santa and the Animals will take place Dec. 9, 15, 16 and 22 from 9 to 11 a.m. A full breakfast buffet will be served, and participants can feed the penguins, watch the animals receive enrichment presents, visit and have a picture taken with Santa, decorate a sugar cookie and enjoy live music. Each child will receive a gift bag. The event costs $14 for adult members, $20 for adult nonmembers, $21 for child members and $27 for child nonmembers, and includes admission to the zoo. Reservations are limited and are required by calling 330-375-2550, ext. 7231, or visiting www.akronzoo.org. Parking is $2.
• Hower House’s Breakfast With Santa will take place Dec. 15 at 10 a.m. at 60 Fir Hill Ave. in Downtown Akron. The event will include breakfast with Santa, and then guests can enjoy a free walk through the “Favorite Holiday Memories” display. The cost is $10 for children and $15 for adults. Reservations are limited and can be made by calling 330-972-6909.
• The Fairlawn Breakfast With Santa will take place Dec. 15 at 10 a.m. at the Fairlawn-Kiwanis Community Center, 3486 S. Smith Road. Parents and children can have breakfast and then visit with Santa and Mrs. Claus, who will hand out gifts to all registered children. Wrapped gifts are to be dropped off at City Hall, 3487 S. Smith Road, by each participating child’s parent Dec. 10-13 between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m., with the child’s first and last name clearly written on the package. Do not bring gifts to the party. Parents are invited to take pictures. The cost is $9 per child ages 2-8 and $10 for each accompanying adult. Preregistration is required by Dec. 7 at www.cityoffairlawn.com.
• The Cleveland Metro-parks Zoo’s Breakfast With Santa is scheduled for Dec. 15-16 and 22, with breakfast served from 8 to 9:30 a.m. in The RainForest. In addition to breakfast, children can make a holiday craft, decorate a cookie, enjoy face painting and visit with Santa. Admission to the zoo is free. The cost is $22.50 per person, $18.50 for children ages 3 to 11 and free for children 2 and younger. To make a required reservation, call 216-635-3300. For more details, visit www.clemetzoo.com or call 216-661-6500.
• The Chapel Hill Mall Visits With Santa are available in the food court through Christmas Eve Mondays through Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Sundays 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Photos will be available for a cost. For details, visit www.chapelhillmall.com.
• The Santa Photo Experience at Summit Mall is running from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. Mondays through Thursdays, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays and 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sundays in the Dillard’s North Court through Dec. 24. For more details, visit www.simon .com/mall/summit-mall.
More Holiday Shopping & Events Guide
Calendar of Events
- Brass Band of the Western Reserve - 3/28/2015
- Basket Weaving 101: Easter Basket - 3/28/2015
- Hubb’s Groove - 3/28/2015
- Tall Heights and Darlingside - 3/28/2015
- Stone Soul Ball with Relatively Jammin’ Blues Band - 3/28/2015