Parade to welcome Santa, new Aeros owner
|Photo: Lew Stamp|
Brittany Schmoekel, community events coordinator for the city of Akron, said more than 75 units are expected to take part in the parade. Shown at right is Santa from a past parade.
“We’re going to be highlighting our Recreation Bureau programs,” she said. “We’re going to have tiny tots basketball and our dance programs featured to get the kids out.”
In addition, Ken Babby, new owner of the Akron Aeros, will be the parade marshal.
Tim Daugherty and Christi Nichols from WONE-FM will again serve as announcers. Awards will be given out following the parade at Lock 3 Park.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
More Holiday Shopping & Events Guide
Calendar of Events
- Verb Ballets: “Works Reimagined: Continuing the Legacy of Heinz Poll”; “Carnival of the Animals” - 2/19/2017
- Akron Baroque and Singers Companye - 2/19/2017
- Pinterest Projects: Succulents - 2/19/2017
- “Pete’s Dragon” - 2/20/2017
- Friends of the Maltz Museum’s Presidents’ Day Celebration - 2/20/2017