Santa Claus is coming to town
|Hannah D’Orio visits with Santa after opening her gift during last year’s Green Kiwanis Santa Delivery. This year the delivery will take place Dec. 16 from 6 to 8:30 p.m.
|Photo: Lew Stamp|
• The Welcome Santa Parade, sponsored by the Akron Recreation Bureau, will take place Nov. 24 starting at 11 a.m. proceeding along South Main Street from Cedar Street in Downtown Akron. For more information, call 330-375-2835.
• The Green Kiwanis Santa Breakfast is scheduled for Dec. 1 at 8:30 a.m. at Raintree Country Club, 4350 Mayfair Road in Green. The event offers breakfast, crafts, games, entertainment and a visit with Santa. Tickets cost $12 for adults, $8 for children ages 2-11 and free for those younger than 2. Reservations are limited. To make a reservation, contact Cindy Slabaugh at 330-607-8166 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and include a phone number, name, children’s names and ages, and how many adults and children will attend.
• The Manchester High School senior class will host Breakfast With Santa Dec. 1 from 8 a.m. to noon in the cafeteria, 437 W. Nimisila Road in New Franklin. Activities will include face and hand painting, personalized ornaments, a bake sale, entertainment and photos with Santa, as well as breakfast consisting of pancakes and sausages. The cost is $5 presale and $6 at the door for adults, $4 for seniors and $3 for preschool children. Presale tickets are available at Cope Pharmacy, 941 W. Nimisila Road, and Manchester Hardware, 955 W. Nimisila Road. Proceeds will benefit the Class of 2013.
• The Santa Fly-In, sponsored by Women With Wings a Chapter of International 99s, will take place Dec. 2 from 1 to 2:30 p.m. at the MAPS Air Museum, 2260 International Parkway, located off Massillon Road in Green. Santa and Mrs. Claus will arrive on a Cessna. The event will include free admission to the MAPS museum, free photos with Santa and Mrs. Claus, and free punch and cookies. For more details, call 330-896-6332.
• The Akron Zoo’s Breakfast with Santa and the Animals will take place Dec. 9, 15, 16 and 22 from 9 to 11 a.m. A full breakfast buffet will be served, and participants can feed the penguins, watch the animals receive enrichment presents, visit and have a photo taken with Santa, decorate a sugar cookie and enjoy live music. Each child will receive a gift bag. The event costs $14 for adult members, $20 for adult nonmembers, $21 for child members and $27 for child nonmembers, and includes admission to the zoo. Reservations are limited and are required by calling 330-375-2550, ext. 7231, or visiting www.akron zoo.org. Parking is $2.
• The Green Kiwanis Santa Delivery will take place Dec. 16 from 6 to 8:30 p.m. Santa will deliver one wrapped and tagged gift for each child dropped off Dec. 1 from 1 to 4 p.m. at the Howard Hanna Real Estate Office, 4016 Massillon Road. This is a new drop off location and time. Visits are limited to Green residents and last about five minutes to allow for photos to be taken. There is no charge for the visit, but Green Kiwanis is requesting a $20 donation to create Christmas food baskets. For details, call Chuck Slabaugh at 330-244-1836.
• The Portage Lakes Kiwanis Santa Delivery will take place Dec. 24 from 5 to 10 p.m. Wrapped gifts no larger than a shoebox will be accepted at the Coventry Township Fire Department, 68 Portage Lakes Drive, for delivery to children in the immediate area. For details, call 330-644-8967.
More Holiday Shopping & Events Guide
Calendar of Events
- GriefCare Place - 8/30/2016
- Wine and Genes Symposium - 8/30/2016
- Metro Parks Ensemble - 8/30/2016
- Rock-a-Bye Tales - 8/30/2016
- Genealogy 101: Beyond Ancestry.com - 8/31/2016