Lock 3 lighting event brings glow to downtown
Getting the chance to flip the switch to light the tree were sisters Liz Luckenbaugh, 20, and Isabella Incorvia, 4, who are shown right, second down with their mother, Alice Incorvia, of West Akron, an employee of the Akron Recreation Bureau.
The evening also featured a fireworks display, as shown at right middle.
Revelers also enjoyed a performance on the city’s ice rink. Some in attendance also had the chance to take to the ice themselves. Pictured at right bottom, from left, are Michael Sabo, 20, of Sagamore Hills; his aunt, Colleen Guest, visiting from New Hope, Pa.; his mother, Lauren Sabo, of Sagamore Hills; and cousin, Brooke Barther, 10, of Independence.
Others checked out Lock 3’s Reindeer Run, an artificial sled hill. Tim Stults, of Barberton, and his daughter Alana Stults, 6, are pictured at right top as they give the attraction a try.
Lock 3’s rink, sled hill and additional attractions will be open throughout the season. For more information, go to www.lock3live.com or call 330-375-2311.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
More Holiday Highlights
- CASA suggests ways to give back for families
- Easy ideas for holiday wreaths
- How to gift people who aren’t family
- Cut costs of holiday travel
- Metro Parks collects trees for mulch
- Fairlawn City Women’s Club selects lighting winners
- TubaChristmas all about the brass
- Area children take part in Shop With a Cop
Calendar of Events
- Stewart’s Caring Place: A Cancer Wellness Center Events - 12/23/2014
- A New Beginning - 12/24/2014
- Presents for Nature Realm Critters - 12/24/2014
- School’s Out Cookout: bring hot dogs and buns - 12/26/2014
- A New Adventure - 12/27/2014