Lock 3 lighting event brings glow to downtown
Getting the chance to flip the switch to light the tree were sisters Liz Luckenbaugh, 20, and Isabella Incorvia, 4, who are shown right, second down with their mother, Alice Incorvia, of West Akron, an employee of the Akron Recreation Bureau.
The evening also featured a fireworks display, as shown at right middle.
Revelers also enjoyed a performance on the city’s ice rink. Some in attendance also had the chance to take to the ice themselves. Pictured at right bottom, from left, are Michael Sabo, 20, of Sagamore Hills; his aunt, Colleen Guest, visiting from New Hope, Pa.; his mother, Lauren Sabo, of Sagamore Hills; and cousin, Brooke Barther, 10, of Independence.
Others checked out Lock 3’s Reindeer Run, an artificial sled hill. Tim Stults, of Barberton, and his daughter Alana Stults, 6, are pictured at right top as they give the attraction a try.
Lock 3’s rink, sled hill and additional attractions will be open throughout the season. For more information, go to www.lock3live.com or call 330-375-2311.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
More Holiday Highlights
Calendar of Events
- Evil Ways, The Jimi Hendrix Tribute Experience and Ball and Chain - 8/28/2015
- End of Summer Jam with Sir Charles and Wendell B. - 8/28/2015
- Thyme for Dinner: Campfire Cooking - 8/28/2015
- Downloading with the 3M Cloud Library, eLearning the Easy Way, Excel Basics, Games and Tricks for Android Tablets - 8/29/2015
- Akron Symphony Chorus - 8/29/2015