Music, colorful floats delight at Welcome Santa Parade
|Photos: Ken Crisafi|
Among the units that brought cheers from the crowd was the “Nutcracker” float by Ballet Theatre of Ohio, which is pictured at right top. The float won second place in that category.
The St. Sebastian-St. Augustine Marching Band, which is shown right middle, earned first place in the Novelty Unit category.
Hale Farm and Village also took part in the this year’s parade and was named the first-place winner in the Costumed Character category for its entry, which is pictured at right bottom.
Karen Lynch and Karen Hogan from the All-American Parade Judges Association served as judges for the parade, according to city officials. Other local winners this year were the Al Kaf Youth Group, Spotlight School of the Arts and “Ask Gilby.” — By Kathleen Folkerth
More Holiday Highlights
Calendar of Events
- Nashville Crush with Joshua Surgeon & The Dusty Bottoms - 7/29/2016
- Kathleen Worgul, Carol Klingel, Marjorie Dettling - 7/29/2016
- Three Points of View: Art by Kathleen Worgul, Carol Klingel, Marjorie Dettling - 7/29/2016
- Almost Queen (Queen tribute) with Chris Allen & The Guilty Hearts - 7/29/2016
- Chardon Polka Band - 7/29/2016