Music, colorful floats delight at Welcome Santa Parade
|Photos: Ken Crisafi|
Among the units that brought cheers from the crowd was the “Nutcracker” float by Ballet Theatre of Ohio, which is pictured at right top. The float won second place in that category.
The St. Sebastian-St. Augustine Marching Band, which is shown right middle, earned first place in the Novelty Unit category.
Hale Farm and Village also took part in the this year’s parade and was named the first-place winner in the Costumed Character category for its entry, which is pictured at right bottom.
Karen Lynch and Karen Hogan from the All-American Parade Judges Association served as judges for the parade, according to city officials. Other local winners this year were the Al Kaf Youth Group, Spotlight School of the Arts and “Ask Gilby.” — By Kathleen Folkerth
More Holiday Highlights
- CASA suggests ways to give back for families
- Easy ideas for holiday wreaths
- How to gift people who aren’t family
- Cut costs of holiday travel
- Metro Parks collects trees for mulch
- Fairlawn City Women’s Club selects lighting winners
- TubaChristmas all about the brass
- Area children take part in Shop With a Cop
Calendar of Events
- Crooked River Walk - 12/21/2014
- “A Christmas Carol” - 12/21/2014
- Winter White Out - 12/21/2014
- Puppet Show: Holiday Happenings - 12/21/2014
- Johnny and the Apple Stompers and Ed Caner - 12/21/2014