Green welcomes Santa at annual holiday event
|Photos: Lew Stamp|
The event offered holiday crafts and activities, entertainment, rides on the Kandy Kane Xpress train and a tree lighting ceremony. The event also accepted donations of toiletry items for The Dane Foundation, which supports individuals with disabilities, single mothers and senior citizens; and items for Shoeboxes for Soldiers, which sends care boxes to soldiers stationed abroad, according to event officials. In addition, decorated miniature trees donated by area residents were auctioned off at the Kandy Kane Festival.
Santa is pictured at left top arriving on a fire truck to light the holiday tree at Town Park.
Santa also is pictured at left bottom participating in a performance of seasonal music presented by the Green Intermediate School Choir and its director, Jennifer Platek, shown at far left.
The holiday event in Green concluded with fireworks, shown at right top.
The event also included the inaugural Rudolph Run, a half-mile fun run/walk.
— By Maria Lindsay
More Holiday Highlights
- Lanterns light night at Hale Farm
- Cessna stands in for Rudolph at annual Santa Fly-In
- St. Sebastian Parish Girl Scout troop makes festival wreath
- West Side Holiday News & Notes
- Visit Santa without tears
- Avoid hidden costs of online shopping
- Great gift ideas for teachers
- Keep traditions of holidays, but ditch worn-out decor
- Kiwanis carries on Santa delivery tradition
Calendar of Events
- Boy=Girl - 12/13/2013
- Ohio City Singers - 12/13/2013
- Christmas Tree Lighting - 12/13/2013
- Frankie Avalon - 12/14/2013
- The VooDoo Two - 12/14/2013