Foundation raises funds for free GvHD symposium for patients, families
|Photo courtesy of the Meredith A. Cowden Foundation|
According to event organizers, the 150 guests raised a record amount of proceeds to fund the 2012 Graft vs. Host Disease (GvHD) National Symposium — the only symposium in the Western Hemisphere solely dedicated to this malady. The symposium took place Nov. 2 in Independence.
GvHD is a condition that is a complication of a bone marrow transplant, which can be an acute or chronic condition, and can be fatal if not controlled properly, according to foundation officials.
The dinner’s six courses were prepared by: executive chef Roger Thomas, of Piatto Novo at The Sheraton Suites in Cuyahoga Falls; executive chef Lynette “LBEE” Bushey, of Verde Mexican Kitchen & Cantina in Pittsburgh; executive chef Kevin Francek, of Moe’s Restaurant in Cuyahoga Falls; chef Steve Schimoler, of Crop Bistro in Cleveland; chef Rick Carson, of Nosh Eatery and Creative Catering in Hudson; and chef Aaron Hervey, of Crave in Downtown Akron.
Shown at right, from left, at the event are Meredith, Gerry and Marti Cowden.
More Health & Fitness
Calendar of Events
- American Sewing Guild Fairlawn Group - 3/3/2015
- Civic Engagement and Managing Water Resources in Northeast Ohio and Globally - 3/3/2015
- The Nile Project: Interactive Performance & Capstone Concert - 3/3/2015
- Ohio and Erie Canal: A Timeline - 3/4/2015
- Alan Greene and T.C. Odegard - 3/4/2015