Tree lights up Akron Children’s Hospital campus
|Photos: Ken Crisafi|
Among those who attended was 1-year-old Rocco Stecz, of Wadsworth, who is shown at right middle with his mother, Catina Stecz, and brother Louie Stecz, 11. Rocco spent some time in the neonatal intensive care unit when he was born, his mother said.
Getting the chance to push the button inside to light the outdoor tree were, shown at right top, from left, Tyler Lambert, 6, of Ravenna; Marisa Vincent, 8, of Warren; and Merissa Crew, 7, of Ravenna. Marisa was a hospital patient earlier this year after she was injured in an accident, and siblings Tyler and Merissa were patients after being involved in a car accident.
On hand to help spread some holiday cheer with music were members of the Firestone High School Madrigals, who are pictured at right bottom. Students from Miller South School for the Visual and Performing Arts also performed.
The tree, which is outside in Perkins Park, is shown at left after it was lighted.
This was the 19th year for the tree lighting, which is organized by the Akron Children’s Hospital Women’s Board.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
More Holiday Highlights
Calendar of Events
- Nashville Crush with Joshua Surgeon & The Dusty Bottoms - 7/29/2016
- Kathleen Worgul, Carol Klingel, Marjorie Dettling - 7/29/2016
- Three Points of View: Art by Kathleen Worgul, Carol Klingel, Marjorie Dettling - 7/29/2016
- Almost Queen (Queen tribute) with Chris Allen & The Guilty Hearts - 7/29/2016
- Chardon Polka Band - 7/29/2016