Miller South students perform at Akron Children’s Hospital
“Our goal was to collect at least 88 toys to represent the 88 keys on a standard piano,” said Miller South piano teacher Gwen Hayes. “I am very proud of them for exceeding their goal and also for their generosity.”
Shown at right top, student Emily Johnson, of West Akron, is shown playing the piano in the Akron Children’s lobby.
More Miller South students are shown at right bottom surrounded by Akron Children’s Volunteer Department staff with the 96 toys they collected for donation.
More Holiday Highlights
Calendar of Events
- Brass Band of the Western Reserve - 3/28/2015
- Basket Weaving 101: Easter Basket - 3/28/2015
- Hubb’s Groove - 3/28/2015
- Tall Heights and Darlingside - 3/28/2015
- Stone Soul Ball with Relatively Jammin’ Blues Band - 3/28/2015