Miller South students perform at Akron Children’s Hospital
“Our goal was to collect at least 88 toys to represent the 88 keys on a standard piano,” said Miller South piano teacher Gwen Hayes. “I am very proud of them for exceeding their goal and also for their generosity.”
Shown at right top, student Emily Johnson, of West Akron, is shown playing the piano in the Akron Children’s lobby.
More Miller South students are shown at right bottom surrounded by Akron Children’s Volunteer Department staff with the 96 toys they collected for donation.
More Holiday Highlights
Calendar of Events
- Day Out With Thomas - 5/24/2015
- Metro Parks Book Club: “The Endangered Species Road Trip” by Cameron MacDonald - 5/24/2015
- Good Old Fashioned Outdoor Fun - 5/24/2015
- Boogie Woogie Books - 5/26/2015
- A New Beginning - 5/27/2015